Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Can you use your BOB and GHB?
11 March 2012, 22:28,
RE: Can you use your BOB and GHB?
(11 March 2012, 22:15)TOF Wrote: Yes and yes. In fact I have 3 BOL distance 4miles, 7 miles and 13 miles. These are a last resort. I plan to Bug -in if possible. For short term bug out (chemical spill or somesuch) I'll walk to next village and catch a bus for town and stay in hotel.

That's really cool. I have a feeling that many of the people new to prepping/survivalism, have not tested their trek to their BOLs with their BOBs.

I've got to say, I'm genuinely impressed TOF. Great work mate.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
11 March 2012, 22:36,
(11 March 2012, 22:28)Scythe13 Wrote:
(11 March 2012, 22:15)TOF Wrote: Yes and yes. In fact I have 3 BOL distance 4miles, 7 miles and 13 miles. These are a last resort. I plan to Bug -in if possible. For short term bug out (chemical spill or somesuch) I'll walk to next village and catch a bus for town and stay in hotel.

That's really cool. I have a feeling that many of the people new to prepping/survivalism, have not tested their trek to their BOLs with their BOBs.

I've got to say, I'm genuinely impressed TOF. Great work mate.

Ha, you should ahve seen the look on my posties face when he delivered post and found me camping in the garden when I tested all the stuff in my BOB. There I was a little old lady in an emergency shelter enjoying a cuppa with a biscuit and the chickens!

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
11 March 2012, 22:55,
HAHA, that's awesome!!!
11 March 2012, 23:42,
this i have thought of so i carry a belt order and vest which enables full and easy movement but i don't wont to be away from my bov and trailer as what i carry is bare e&e kit?
to win the war, you must be willing to die
12 March 2012, 00:18,
(11 March 2012, 23:42)grumpy old man Wrote: this i have thought of so i carry a belt order and vest which enables full and easy movement but i don't wont to be away from my bov and trailer as what i carry is bare e&e kit?

That's totally understandable. My issue would be if the roads were blocked, maybe through traffic or something. That's the main reason for this thread. It's a question of the practicalities of bugging out and whether peoples fitness is enough to enable them to bug out on food.

My 12 mile trek taught me my kit is fine, and I'm fit enough to do it. However.....I want to be able to travel faster, for longer, and still be able to fight, or whatever, once I've finished my journey.

The last thing I want is anyone on this forum needing to bug out, to suddenly find they can't carry their kit further than a couple of hundred miles at a time. That's a sure fire way to get taken out my looters/muggers/hungry neighbours.
12 March 2012, 00:37,
if you bug out with out the things you need at the other end your dead any way?
my landrover and trailer carry what me and my family need to live but we would become raiders the other parts of kit is things i keep to my self which i would pick up as we bug out because at this stage we need total security and for that you need a 4x4 you just could't carry the stuff you need on foot?
waking anywhere during pace time is different from (war time shall we say)
most people will be taken out by others anyway it will be a different world and time that most wont be able to cope with
to win the war, you must be willing to die