Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Reality Check
30 March 2012, 11:04,
RE: Reality Check
(30 March 2012, 10:42)WetandCold Wrote: (A)We lack just a little basic prepping information, as a prepper forum we should have more information on the basic, rain farms, water treatment, off grid power, food storage, water storage, links to kit that could be of use for post shtf, DIY kit we make or have made or have seen online and would like to copy, caches, what foods to store and where to get the best deal, DIY food treatments "drying, smoking, canning, salting, pickling, brine.

(B)This is what I meant when I said maybe "I am the problem" because this is the stuff I want more of and to expect it might be wrong.

(A) Yup we need to keep re-enforcing the basics of prepping, the simple life saving skills and information and less of the political waffle.

(B) No you are not the problem Mon ami complacency is the key word that is the issue at heart. I have a huge archive of notes and info gathered over the years, but only last week you posted various stuff about bows and PV arrays that left me astounded and gobsmacked. Food, Fuel, Water, Energy, Medicine, Power, Hygiene, Clothing, Equipment, Tools, Gardening, Vehicles, Transport, Security, Communications etc those are the basic fundamentals that people like you excel at, but all to frequently get neglected cos the info goes to archive instead of constantly being debated and improved.
NR

30 March 2012, 11:56, (This post was last modified: 30 March 2012, 11:58 by Nemesis.)
(30 March 2012, 11:04)NorthernRaider Wrote: less of the political waffle.

Thats the one.

(30 March 2012, 11:04)NorthernRaider Wrote: neglected cos the info goes to archive instead of constantly being debated and improved.

And thats the one.

30 March 2012, 11:59,
W&C,

All that information is around and I agree we should discuss it more but there is only so much to discuss. When the file site is up and running there will be files on there for people to download. Once they start trying them out I see the forums being the place to discuss issues. The reason we don't do that could be because people are happy with what they know. We are all different and our knowledge and situation is also different.

As far as the political stuff goes. I put my hands up there I'm as bad as the others but it is in two areas now. News, which is usually political anyway, and controversial news, which seems to mean conspiracy stuff. So you can ignore that. Unless I want to spend my days censoring it isn't going to stop.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
30 March 2012, 12:16, (This post was last modified: 30 March 2012, 12:22 by Nemesis.)
(30 March 2012, 10:51)mikebratcher69 Wrote: No I agre with that, some sort of section where you could "bone up" on skills.
They are available on the internet BUT as I've found out, you spend day after day trawling through shi* to find a diamond of useful info.

More people looking for the diamonds better chance of us here finding them, I also think we should do more hands on instead of just having the idea or seeing others ideas, we build these things and use them, it would add a nice balance to this place.

What I would like to do if people were up for it is maybe do group tasks design and maybe build something, can be something as simple as a shtf lamp or hobo stove or more critical a water filter, we discuss design make and test and improve.

SD the problem might be my end I always click "View Today's Posts"

I am not trying to change the forum or people I am trying to offer a small nudge in a direction I would like to see it go, this is how we all make the ship sail in a certain direction so to say.
30 March 2012, 12:47,
W&C,

So do I. Then if you are not interested in the political or controversial stuff the ignore anything in those threads. I read these anyway because I am interested in what is going on and although I get the info from other sites it is interesting seeing how we think it will work out.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
30 March 2012, 20:33,
I've only joined this one forum and have no intention of joining any other. I love the controversial stuff, i love the political stuff, I've also found some gems of information as well. All you characters are very approachable and friendly, I think this site is the mutts nuts. Keep up the great work guys.
You have to get up early to catch a fox.
30 March 2012, 21:31,
(30 March 2012, 20:33)Jodansgang Wrote: All you characters are very approachable and friendly, I think this site is the mutts nuts. Keep up the great work guys.

:'-(

I don't want to look like a dog's danglies.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
30 March 2012, 22:17,
I think thats what makes a good site, us.
Wer'e all different chalk and cheese but the same, somehow a family.
Yes if we were in a commune of some sort, we'd probably get on each others t*ts sometimes, but we'd be fine.
Obviously you'd all be jealous of my stunning good looks but you'd all have to get over it.
I'd be there for any of you, no worries just saythe word...
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
30 March 2012, 22:25,
(30 March 2012, 22:17)mikebratcher69 Wrote: I think thats what makes a good site, us.
Wer'e all different chalk and cheese but the same, somehow a family.
Yes if we were in a commune of some sort, we'd probably get on each others t*ts sometimes, but we'd be fine.
Obviously you'd all be jealous of my stunning good looks but you'd all have to get over it.
I'd be there for any of you, no worries just saythe word...

I agree with Mike word for word, just minus the good looks thing. I'm a mutt!!! haha, so you'd just have to get over that.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
31 March 2012, 09:53,
i feel that all of us on this forum are a family, i have thought that for some time, and that is not something i have felt on any other forum, quite the reverse in fact.Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.