Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
48 hours to go
29 March 2012, 23:25,
RE: 48 hours to go
nr why ret?
your part of a family and family can't retire ?
so have a drink sit back and still type as a know you still be prepping
so i'am not going to wish you luck as a don't wish you to go
but if you really really do go the all the best you have my email so please keep in touch you are only down the road from me?
to win the war, you must be willing to die
29 March 2012, 23:34,
Will you be at the Chester meet?
29 March 2012, 23:47,
(29 March 2012, 23:34)Timelord Wrote: Will you be at the Chester meet?

He'd better be, or I'll shake my fist at him, and maybe even growl in his general direction.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
30 March 2012, 09:36, (This post was last modified: 30 March 2012, 09:38 by NorthernRaider.)
(29 March 2012, 23:25)grumpy old man Wrote: nr why ret?
your part of a family and family can't retire ?

Tired, fatigued, war weary and prepping is evolving at an alarming rate as it develops and expands and the UK prepping community is moving in one direction and I want to go another.Smile
(29 March 2012, 23:34)Timelord Wrote: Will you be at the Chester meet?

No Sir, I shall not, SD is covering for me, personal issues will keep me away Smile Its going to be good though.

30 March 2012, 09:41,
What way would you rather go NR?

For those of us new to the scene, a little education would be very helpful.

Where is it going, why do you see that happening, and where else could it go?
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
30 March 2012, 10:02,
with all the new members we are getting, we need you to stay and inpart your wisdom and experience NR.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
30 March 2012, 10:07,
(30 March 2012, 09:36)NorthernRaider Wrote: Tired, fatigued, war weary and prepping is evolving at an alarming rate as it develops and expands and the UK prepping community is moving in one direction and I want to go another.Smile

Won't you tell us about it before you go, or did I miss that post? I understand the need for a break, everyone needs to walk away from the screen and relax. But if you're determined to go for good and retire from the community then before you go please do us an article on your view of how prepping is going and what it's heading away from that you want.

If you can't be dissuaded at the end by S13's threats (jk) and everyone's wish you stay then I hope you find it relaxing and thank you for all your help and good luck

PF
Do not rush to meet Death, he may not wish to see you.
30 March 2012, 10:22,
(30 March 2012, 10:07)preservefreak Wrote: Won't you tell us about it before you go, or did I miss that post? I understand the need for a break, everyone needs to walk away from the screen and relax. But if you're determined to go for good and retire from the community then before you go please do us an article on your view of how prepping is going and what it's heading away from that you want.

PF

No my friend not this time, each of us has to find out their chosen path themselves, its not for me to interject Smile UK prepping is moving one way, I am moving another, US prepping is moving another, I would imagine Kiwi, Aussie prepping is doing its own thing, I actually feel that being a prepper is harder now than ever before, I dont recognise or ever like many of the facets that are creaping into our community, I do fear the ingress of some extreme right wing philosophys for example. I do accept things change for both the better and worse, the Interweb is a double edged sword, its helped bring the message to far more people than the old e mail or magazines has ever done, but its also created an underclass of people whose entire preps are based around online forums and not getting out and meeting and working hand in hard with other preppers.
I need to recharge my batteries and do two things, focus much more on my own preps and research, and spend far more time with real world prepper families.

30 March 2012, 10:28,
Good Luck NR.
30 March 2012, 15:31,
(29 March 2012, 13:03)NorthernRaider Wrote: Two more days til my retirement from the mainstream prepping community and my hopefully tranquil return to the physical and E mail groups, if anyone has any more business to discuss with me or arrangements to be made you've got 48 hours left.
NR

Need you email address Squire!