Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
We Need Money
27 June 2012, 11:04,
RE: We Need Money
(27 June 2012, 10:49)NorthernRaider Wrote: I guess you will be getting " The Last Of us" and " I am alive " to practise your survival skills on. Rumour has it one of the senior games developers on The Last Of Us is a heavy weight survivalist himself.

probably not, firstly cause it'd require spending a few hundred quid on a ps3 Tongue....but more because i dont really play games anymore, its not exactly healthy spending all day every day playing them.....but i must admit the last of us does sound very interesting to me!...and i had no idea about the survivalist working on it, i daresay that would make it even better Smile.....to be honest though i'd rather walk out into a forest with a knife and come back a few days later to practise my survival skills!....i tihnk im going out tonight to go shooting rabbit or something Smile 2nd time shootin Big Grin....first time was beer can in near total darkness Tongue

27 June 2012, 13:42,
(17 April 2012, 16:15)Scythe13 Wrote:
(2 April 2012, 08:55)00111001 Wrote:
(31 March 2012, 15:12)Scythe13 Wrote: Currency doesn't have to have value, a five pound note is a piece of paper, but the perception is that is has value.

That paper your five pound note is printed on is actually worth much more than £5.

That's gotta be a bit arse about tit surely?!

You've kind of thrown me there Binary Ninja. Explain your words man, or forever hold your tongue! haha

Sorry chap, missed this!

The paper that our fine currency is printed on is extremely expensive. So expensive, in fact, that when it's transported it has armed guards. This is the only real anti-piracy property the note has, the rest can (and has been) copied very well. I also believe it's quite expensive to manufacture, due to it being a paper / cotton / sommat else blend. So that little piece of paper with the Fuhre... errr... Queens' noggin on it and a little £5 is worth much more than £5.

One of my fathers business associates spent quite a few years at her majesties pleasure for some of his more nefarious dealings with the English currency. Well that, and smuggling people / tobacco into the country.
3 December 2012, 21:49,
Whichever of us are still around, just make sure when the banking system re-emerges you dont let them set with the current system. Printing power should be in the hands of the treasury and not God damn private corporations and their God damn Fractional reserve lending, and quantative easing crap.

/end rant
Smile
4 December 2012, 08:57, (This post was last modified: 4 December 2012, 08:58 by Scythe13.)
(3 December 2012, 21:49)Cloud Wrote: Whichever of us are still around, just make sure when the banking system re-emerges you dont let them set with the current system. Printing power should be in the hands of the treasury and not God damn private corporations and their God damn Fractional reserve lending, and quantative easing crap.

/end rant
Smile

Interestingly enough, the US Treasury is actually a privately owned company.
I'll quickly re-clarify the above. It's called the Federal Reserve, not the US Treasury.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
4 December 2012, 19:42,
If your lucky you will become part of a group/clan ...all will work for the purpose of the whole....there will be no need for money....it would be purely skills of one type or another....a stronghold..to build ..and defend.....there will soon be other groups/clans looking to take what you have by force....groups/clans become bigger and stronger ...and on and on it would go...............take a look back.....to look forward......life as we know it is not coming back anytime soon....then some clever bastard will invent money and around we all go again and end up HERE......no thanks
4 December 2012, 20:00,
like they say SS "money is the root of all evil", in the NEW society that arises from the ashes of the old(whenever that is) it SHOULD be a moneyless one, then no need for greed!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 December 2012, 20:04,
Then it will be something else that is the root of all evil. There will always be something.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
4 December 2012, 20:05,
(4 December 2012, 20:04)Skean Dhude Wrote: Then it will be something else that is the root of all evil. There will always be something.
"power and influence" maybe? but at least they wont get paid!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 December 2012, 20:36,
(4 December 2012, 20:00)bigpaul Wrote: like they say SS "money is the root of all evil", in the NEW society that arises from the ashes of the old(whenever that is) it SHOULD be a moneyless one, then no need for greed!

Hate to say it, but the correct quote is from the bible. The love of money is the root of all evil.
It is simply referring to a heart with the wrong focus.

Money is required for civilisation to function.

It's the control of that money that makes it dangerous. Money alone is not good or evil, it's inanimate and neutral.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
4 December 2012, 21:07,
Two thoughts come to mind.

First bartering with skills is still alive and kicking, we do it up here quiet a lot,.. only a few months ago I had a guy go on my roof to add a cowl,.. I did his lawn,... I have lived here for over ten years and I have forgotten how many times I have bartered skills

The other thing is, that we already have a currency,.. I know that people are talking about Gold and Silver,.. but it doesnt matter what it is if everyone can buy and sell with it,.... so why change anything, stay with the money we already have, providing I can get goods with it,.and the man I buy from can do the same then the currency works.

We could never ever have a moneyless society, or we face losing many good skilled people who just happen to be poor, not everyone is a practical person,.. not being sexist here, but how many women would we lose, .. everyone will need money in one form or another, and why look for a currency when we already have one
A major part of survival is invisibility.