Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
B.O.B. Books
7 April 2012, 11:51,
RE: B.O.B. Books
(7 April 2012, 11:44)bigpaul Wrote: i would have thought you would need 2 books for information, say the SAS survival guide or a Lofty Wiseman or Ray mears book, and you would definitely need a Food for Free foraging type book, then you would need a book for general reading, say "Patriots" by JWR or "Last Light" or something like that.

Why would you need 2 books for information? The survival books all basically cover the same stuff. I've read through loads of survival books, and most just recycle the same stuff. The Ray Mears one is really good, but there's a limited amount of stuff that I'd need from that.

Once I've built a basic shelter, much of the survival book's information becomes null and void as a requirement. However, the other books will be full of helpful stuff, like foraging, first aid, and that kind of thing.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
7 April 2012, 12:05,
i said 2 books because a lot of survival books have the info on shelter building and fire lighting, whearas the food for free books are just that, but i suppose you could get away with just the one, but if i had the room and the weight wasnt too much then i would take both, but thats my personal choice.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 April 2012, 13:04,
I'd be more inclined towards the food for free.It shows what is edible and what is not. Our weather is not too extreme and there is shelter not to far away from anywhere in the UK, certain exclusions apply and if you live there there is plenty of caching space so have a library.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
7 April 2012, 13:08,
Totally misunderstood what you meant there BP. Sorry mate.

I thought you meant 2 books of survival information, and another for foraging, and another for entertainment. HAHA, fun with dyslexia.
7 April 2012, 14:57,
My BOB is for long term, 3 books, Food for free, Lofty Wiseman SAS and first aid manual.
7 April 2012, 15:28,
(7 April 2012, 14:57)Prep Girl Wrote: My BOB is for long term, 3 books, Food for free, Lofty Wiseman SAS and first aid manual.

good choice!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 April 2012, 20:37,
Also a deck of cards Smile
7 April 2012, 20:40,

I'm a big fan of the Collins Gem range. I have; Food for Free, SAS Survival guide, Mushrooms and Toadstools, First Aid.

LOL I was going to say deck of cards!

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
7 April 2012, 21:00,
Yeah gota have a deck of cards Smile
7 April 2012, 23:49,
(7 April 2012, 21:00)Prep Girl Wrote: Yeah gota have a deck of cards Smile

I think AlyBear stole them back after our winter camping trip. I say stole, but they were her cards in the first place haha.