Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ground Zero
8 April 2012, 19:13,
RE: Ground Zero
this is why we have subs so if we are hit we can hit back from any where
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
8 April 2012, 19:27,
Nope. We have subs so that the MAD (Mutually Assured Destruction) philosophy is shown to have teeth. It won't stop any blast or radiation deaths if someone decided that it is worthwhile. It just means that they will be nuked in return.

So let me think. People that are willing to die as long as they take us first and a policy of not shooting first. What can possibly go wrong?
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
8 April 2012, 22:44,
[/u]A possible scenario is a limited nuclear exchange or just a few by a rogue organisation/group. Then if you had always thought there was no point considering prepping for the nuclear option, you might be caught out unprepared..... A nuclear powerplant disaster or multiple terrorist strikes at different ones may also cause similar effects. Radioactive winds driven from Europe after a nuclear scenario over there may also reach & contaminate large parts of Britain. In fact these winds could come across oceans from any direction.

One of the problems that comes strapped to the nuclear scenario considerations - is the cultivated mindset the majority (99.9%) of the British population have over this matter. This is due to the successful propaganda spoon fed to us by irresponsible state institutions and the gullible media throughout our early lives, or those of us old enough to remember & be aware of the Cold War anyway. This resulted in the put your head between your legs & kiss your ass goodbye attitude that is still prevalent today. Yes - Nukes are hell on earth, but it is not always going to be the end for everyone and there is so much data on this out there if you know where to look. You could be the most prepped geezer in the world and still get taken out immediately, whereas some lucky sod who knows nothing about Nukes or survival could escape unscathed (initially anyway) It is a bit like those big natural disaster scenarios we often bang on about.
If you do have the knowledge, hopefully some rudimentary protective gear, be in the right postcode at the time and have a v.big giant enormous dose of luck, then it certainly could be survivable. Some of the other Western style countries do not have this mass propaganda mindset of not wanting to survive a nuclear war and it being preferable to run out into the street and raise ones hands high and turning to face nuclear annihalation. I know quite a few who repeatedly trot out this mantra after being indoctrinated into it by their older relatives or friends when they were young kids when they were trying to grasp understanding of the Nuclear War issue. The problem is, once they have this thought pattern impregnated, then their eyes & ears are closed any alternative reality. In fact they smile & scoff at anyone discussing any survivability at all. Does this sound familiar to all you preppers - in your own efforts to discuss other prep scenarios with the majority of non aware population out there?

Luck will pay a big part even in the aftermath, but some kit, purpose built or expedient and the basic knowledge of the typical post nuke environment & how to operate within it, will definitely increase your odds of making it through hard times. The military certainly think so for their own troops. Why not you for you & your loved ones?
8 April 2012, 22:49,
All out Nuclear War, Then i'm a lemming :-) However if it's a nuclear powerstation disaster or a terrorist stolen plutonium shed built bomb, then i have slight optomism.
“Subtle and insubstantial, the expert leaves no trace; divinely mysterious, he is inaudible. Thus he is master of his enemy's fate.” Sun Tzu
8 April 2012, 22:55, (This post was last modified: 8 April 2012, 22:56 by Timelord.)
Those people I kow who trot out the mantra, are some of my own friends over the years. I used to think that maybe they had a point and it would have been easy to leave it at that and so stop worrying about it ever again - But thankfully I didn't and later went on to find out a whole lot more about this subject area. It is grim, but it is not the simple fatalistic result you often hear. Study study study and then you will gain enlightenment. TL.
(8 April 2012, 22:49)Stokey Wrote: All out Nuclear War, Then i'm a lemming :-) However if it's a nuclear powerstation disaster or a terrorist stolen plutonium shed built bomb, then i have slight optomism.

Yes. A full scale nuclear exchange would be most grim... There is no getting away from that!
8 April 2012, 23:04,
don't be scared of nukes if you too closes you dead and there's nothing you can do to stop it.
other than that the more you learn the greater chance of overcoming the event.
there is a lot to know like yeild, tonage either ground or air burst, wind and weather
this is one subject YOU have to your homework on
to win the war, you must be willing to die
8 April 2012, 23:11,
Grumpy, On a side note with regards to you signature " to win the war, you must be willing to die " I would suggest " to win the war, you must be willing to make the other bastard die " :-) Just sayin :-)
“Subtle and insubstantial, the expert leaves no trace; divinely mysterious, he is inaudible. Thus he is master of his enemy's fate.” Sun Tzu
8 April 2012, 23:13,
One word - Concept!
8 April 2012, 23:27,
it's japanesse
if you are in a state of mind where you fear nothing not even death then you or free to fight in mind and body ?
i've 27 years in martial arts and combat, it's stood me in good stead
most people fear pain either by hitting hard or being hurt and that stops them (the funny thing is most people don't know that but the brain does it automaticly) so you have to train past that only time can overcome
to win the war, you must be willing to die
8 April 2012, 23:36,
(8 April 2012, 23:27)grumpy old man Wrote: it's japanesse
if you are in a state of mind where you fear nothing not even death

I fear Death and prefer " He who fights and runs away, lives to fight another day "

Guess i like to choose the battles i fight :-)

But as you say, It's the war not the battle that counts, different ways to win :-)

I also think as part of my prepping i should look sat some martial arts as well, anything that gives you the edge has got to be good :-)