Poll: Have you done a Bol Dummy Run?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BOL Training Runs
8 April 2012, 15:51,
RE: BOL Training Runs
We should do a group event, all on same task same day/night just differnt parts of the country.

8 April 2012, 16:37,
Great idea, what's the task?
8 April 2012, 18:11, (This post was last modified: 8 April 2012, 18:12 by mikebratcher69.)
10 mile forced march with 100lbs kit??
down the pub... 10 forced pints??
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
8 April 2012, 21:56,
(8 April 2012, 15:51)WetandCold Wrote: We should do a group event, all on same task same day/night just differnt parts of the country.

SOLD!!!

Where do I sign up?

You know me, I do regular trips into the middle of nowhere. I don't always write them up, but the more interesting ones I do. I'll start posting about every 'odd adventure' I have.

One thing I want to do is get my GHB squared off, then I'll be doing dummy-runs (literally, runs) with that, and see how I cope. It'll be pretty simple really. Grab the bag, run in a direction for about 20 hours (not all running, but much of it would be), then set up camp in the woods, stay the night, then the next morning, turn round and come back. That'll give me a good idea of the amount of distance I can cover in a relatively short amount of time. It will also provide me with some good knowledge of what my kit is lacking and thing like that.

But it can't be before next payday. I'll need to double up on all my perishables for my GHB, so that anything I use on the trip can be replaced the moment I get home.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
8 April 2012, 22:26,
That's exactly the scenario i had in mind 13, That's what i'm going to do.
“Subtle and insubstantial, the expert leaves no trace; divinely mysterious, he is inaudible. Thus he is master of his enemy's fate.” Sun Tzu
8 April 2012, 23:34,
Looks like that's a task for you young'uns then. This old fartess(TOF get it? LOL) is definitely the tortoise, not the Hare. I'll keep the home fires burning and have tea, cake and warm socks ready for when you get back.Big Grin

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
8 April 2012, 23:38,
Wish i was a young un :-)
“Subtle and insubstantial, the expert leaves no trace; divinely mysterious, he is inaudible. Thus he is master of his enemy's fate.” Sun Tzu
8 April 2012, 23:44,
I'm not ageist Stokey, I'll still have tea, cake and warm socks ready. Just don't expect me to go yomping over hill and dale. Camp follower I'm not!Wink

8 April 2012, 23:45,
(8 April 2012, 23:34)TOF Wrote: Looks like that's a task for you young'uns then. This old fartess(TOF get it? LOL) is definitely the tortoise, not the Hare. I'll keep the home fires burning and have tea, cake and warm socks ready for when you get back.Big Grin

This coming from the woman whose postie found her camping out early in the morning, testing a new tent! Haha, I bet 70% of the people on this site would have trouble keeping up with you. I know I'd be in that 70%!!!

I kind of guessed the initials and their meaning. Your picture is a give away haha.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
8 April 2012, 23:49, (This post was last modified: 8 April 2012, 23:51 by TOF.)
Ah but, yeah but, no but, Camping in the garden required me to travel all of 50 feet. And my BOB is just right!
Oh, and I like the pub and pints thing.