Poll: Have you done a Bol Dummy Run?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BOL Training Runs
9 April 2012, 00:37,
RE: BOL Training Runs
(8 April 2012, 23:49)TOF Wrote: Ah but, yeah but, no but, Camping in the garden required me to travel all of 50 feet. And my BOB is just right!
Oh, and I like the pub and pints thing.

TOF, I've got a genuine question, and it's cool if you don't want to answer, or even if you don't know. How far can you travel with your BOB? I know you've got better stuff to sort out right now, but have you tried it yet?
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
9 April 2012, 09:39,
Seriously? I've not really travelled for a full day in some years. If you remember I have BOL's at intervals so that I don't put myself under undue stress. I can do 4 miles in one stretch on good ground, I don't know about rougher terrain, I would imagine you could halve that.
I probably could do more if pushed, but I carry so many injuries my body would breakdown pretty quick if I had to travel for a few days. This is going to be the biggest challenge when I move. I reckon I'll get a boat and row down the Trent, it's only half a mile from the new flat.

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
9 April 2012, 09:46,
I'm loving the determination TOF! You are a legend. And yes, I did forget the multiple BOLs. Seems the river would be a pretty good idea. Smooth and with no impact, sounds perfect for you.
9 April 2012, 09:47,
i used to be able to walk 4miles per hour when i was younger, i reckon being older and over rough ground i would say probably half that now, anyway if we had to Bug Out i reckon we'd go either overnight or preferably first light, go a few miles, then hide out during the heat of the day, then travel further on late afternoon or early evening, in any case if you were travelling in a group you would go at the pace of the weakest member.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 April 2012, 09:54,
Getting old sucks, eh BP?

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
9 April 2012, 09:58,
With age comes wisdom.

There will be many scenarios where wisdom outweighs the benefits of youth.
9 April 2012, 10:04,
(8 April 2012, 23:34)TOF Wrote: Looks like that's a task for you young'uns then. This old fartess(TOF get it? LOL) is definitely the tortoise, not the Hare. I'll keep the home fires burning and have tea, cake and warm socks ready for when you get back.Big Grin
LOL same, I'm running no where!

9 April 2012, 10:36,
I'll try an 18 hour travel with my GHB, then GPS the distance I've managed to cover. It'll be a good indication of possible BOL location distances.
9 April 2012, 10:46,
(9 April 2012, 09:54)TOF Wrote: Getting old sucks, eh BP?

i prefer getting old to the alternative!Tongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 April 2012, 12:05,
I prefer yomping or fast walking/striding to running, less damage to joints and such.
I did enough running in the army to last me two lifetimes anyway..."me no likey runny"
I try and test myself which always seems to be on a very irregular basis as there always seems to be more important (and interesting) things than exercise to do...
But having said that I can fast walk 3 miles no stops in 40 mins so if you say 4 miles in an hour (60mins) I could make my primary bol in about 3 hours. (13 miles away).
Running I'd probably shave an hour or so off it BUT me "no likey runny".
I picked this bol because of its seclusion and access to water and if neccessary roads but its up a narrow track easily blocked so...
But if you figure in taking the family, stopping for the less fit members for rest breaks etc... its probably gonna be an all day event.
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."