Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NUKES
11 April 2012, 01:47,
RE: NUKES
don't worry about the nukes ?
think what will happen if the nuclear power station aren't maned?
melt down and radiation all over think japan?
now most big event things would cause these place to become unmaned and not just here but world wide ?
now that's sceary !!!!
to win the war, you must be willing to die
11 April 2012, 09:40,
i thought nuclear power stations had an automatic shut down if the power went off? something about the reactor rods going to the bottom of the reactor and staying there, some sort of cooling cycle. dont quote, i'm no expert, just what i heard somewhere.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 April 2012, 11:12,
i think it still needs power to pump the water around to keep the rods cool
i'am just thinking about japan and russia ?
11 April 2012, 11:27,
(11 April 2012, 11:12)grumpy old man Wrote: i think it still needs power to pump the water around to keep the rods cool
i'am just thinking about japan and russia ?

Yeah, I've heard the pumps can shut down and the water get super heated. Again, as BP said, I'm not an expert.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
11 April 2012, 11:35,
if this does happen then your will need to check you bol to see if it's near a nuclear power plant as if a melt down happens it would shit things up ?
11 April 2012, 11:38,
thankfully the only one in the area is at Hinckley Point and thats in Somerset! thats 1 of the main reasons why we left Glastonbury!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 April 2012, 11:43,
Spent nuclear rods require cooling. That is why they are located by the sea so they can have plenty of sea water. They will over heat if the power goes off but as they are power stations I would envisage that they would keep themselves cool for long enough. The people that make these know the risks.

Now rod storage facilities. That is more of an issue here.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
11 April 2012, 11:46,
i think when these plants are made no one thinks of total break down if you know what i mean?
11 April 2012, 11:47,
They do though. What they don't fully plan for is long term outages. But a working powerstation at minimum should generate enough power for cooling rods for a long time.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin