Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Were the Mayans right?
11 April 2012, 20:26,
RE: Were the Mayans right?
whats a millbank bag
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
11 April 2012, 22:08,
Apparently they where spot on at predicting the timing of astronomical events , don't know much about them really but I don't think they said the world was going to end, just that it would change.
The Hopi Indians believe in the Blue Star Kachina , also about changes, there are loads of prophecies out there,they more or less run along the same lines, disrespect the planet and pay the price, think if not the hopi some tribe believe we were genetically created as workers for an Alien race that could not breath our air for long, and lets not forget Nostradamus though he was off his face on drugs most of the time.
Who knows!
11 April 2012, 22:12,
I think what a lot of people miss when looking at mayan calendars and pedictions is that they dont match up to the actual times we are in now anyway, Mayans were using a long count system, and even if we tied that to modern calendars, there would still be a large discrepancy since the gregorian calendar was introduced.
“Subtle and insubstantial, the expert leaves no trace; divinely mysterious, he is inaudible. Thus he is master of his enemy's fate.” Sun Tzu
11 April 2012, 22:31,
(11 April 2012, 20:26)Barneyboy Wrote: whats a millbank bag

One of lads will explain it but it's a bag for purifying water or filtering it not sure which
11 April 2012, 22:33,
http://www.bushcraftstuff.com/kit-review...ification/
“Subtle and insubstantial, the expert leaves no trace; divinely mysterious, he is inaudible. Thus he is master of his enemy's fate.” Sun Tzu
11 April 2012, 22:43,
(11 April 2012, 20:26)Barneyboy Wrote: whats a millbank bag

11 April 2012, 22:44,
Explanations are like buses ;-) nothing then 2 come along at the same time ;-)
11 April 2012, 22:48, (This post was last modified: 11 April 2012, 22:48 by mikebratcher69.)
Not the buses from the company I used to drive for... they bought there buses from Africa after theyd finished with them over there....
such a pleasure to drive... NOT. All the heaters ripped out because it was Africa so of course you didnt need heaters there... then they shipped them back...fantastic to drive a bus in winter, no heating, no demisters, wipers used to fall off...
Free shower in the drivers seat when it rained....
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
11 April 2012, 23:17,
And those Millbank bags are going for £20?

I'm selling them for £10 a hit. They might resemble a fruit of the loom tshirt with a knot in it, but don't let that decieve you! The fantastic results are the same. Especially when you boil the water to kill bacteria.

Seriously, I'm just going to grab a tshirt and filter the water through that, especially if you're just going to boil it in the end anyway.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
12 April 2012, 00:44,

http://www.bushtrader-uk.com/shop/index....ductId=175

out of stock this is because of 2012 im sure.