Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Petrol Storage
27 May 2012, 17:46,
RE: Petrol Storage
(26 May 2012, 11:58)bigpaul Wrote: i want to add a comment about storing fuel..namely petrol, i know that there is a lot of talk about using stabilisers and petrol dosent last as long as diesel but ...i left my petrol mower in the shed full up with petrol, hasnt been used since september and i fully expected the fuel to be "off", it was taken out of the shed and it started....FIRST TIME no problems....i was very surprised.

Paul it may well start because its fuel tank is small and fairy well sealed so the volatile aromatics could not evaporate, but what it would be doing is slowly but surely depositing laquers inside the fuel system and eventually they will clog up the jets / injector.

28 May 2012, 08:36,
RE: Petrol Storage
(27 May 2012, 17:46)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(26 May 2012, 11:58)bigpaul Wrote: i want to add a comment about storing fuel..namely petrol, i know that there is a lot of talk about using stabilisers and petrol dosent last as long as diesel but ...i left my petrol mower in the shed full up with petrol, hasnt been used since september and i fully expected the fuel to be "off", it was taken out of the shed and it started....FIRST TIME no problems....i was very surprised.

Paul it may well start because its fuel tank is small and fairy well sealed so the volatile aromatics could not evaporate, but what it would be doing is slowly but surely depositing laquers inside the fuel system and eventually they will clog up the jets / injector.
not my problem NR,,,i've just sold it!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.