Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Where's everyone bugging out to?
22 April 2012, 15:04,
RE: Where's everyone bugging out to?
(22 April 2012, 15:02)Scythe13 Wrote:
(22 April 2012, 14:55)Prep Girl Wrote: yeah yeah

With a reply like that, I don't believe I'm actually talking with Prep Girl. I think she's left her computer on and someone is just trolling the forum.

LOL no trust it's all me
22 April 2012, 16:00,
Thanks for all the info, I have plans in place for certain scenario's, most of them included bugging out to north wales.

Solar flare induced EMP: if nothing electric works off to north wales, via pedal power, or if there's a nice horse somewhere I can borrow, keeping to the motorway, keeping out of towns and cities as much as possible, My folks live in quite a secluded place.....no I'm not telling.

Asteroids / Aliens / Economic Collapse - My folks place by car.

Pole Reversal / Tsunami - My folks place by car then into Snowdonia and get above 1500 ft......I'm sounding like I've watched the film Deep Impact too much.
22 April 2012, 16:11,
(22 April 2012, 16:00)Jan Wrote: Thanks for all the info, I have plans in place for certain scenario's, most of them included bugging out to north wales.

Solar flare induced EMP: if nothing electric works off to north wales, via pedal power, or if there's a nice horse somewhere I can borrow, keeping to the motorway, keeping out of towns and cities as much as possible, My folks live in quite a secluded place.....no I'm not telling.

Pole Reversal / Tsunami - My folks place by car then into Snowdonia and get above 1500 ft......I'm sounding like I've watched the film Deep Impact too much.

If it is an EMP, the roads are likely to be full of cars and people confused and dangerous. Can I suggest getting a couple of maps that give you an idea of the bridal routes and horse paths? Don't forget, that roads will be like bottle-necks and don't provide much cover to hide behind. My plan was roads as well, until NR (I think it was NR) pointed out that "roads are for people who like to be ambushed". Since then it's be roads as far as possible, then get up grab my stuff, and start walking just off the roads.

Personally, if I have to travel, I plan to travel parallel to motorways, because I have very bad sense of direction. But if you can avoid it, you'd be much safer.

Sorry about me and PG having a bit of a hoohar on your thread.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
22 April 2012, 16:13,
I wouldn't worry about pole reversal/flipping, while there is evidence it is happening and has happened it, it is a process that takes decades even centuries to finish. Not a sudden thing at all Smile
Failure is always an option.
22 April 2012, 17:34,
(22 April 2012, 16:11)Scythe13 Wrote:
(22 April 2012, 16:00)Jan Wrote: Thanks for all the info, I have plans in place for certain scenario's, most of them included bugging out to north wales.

If it is an EMP, the roads are likely to be full of cars and people confused and dangerous. Can I suggest getting a couple of maps that give you an idea of the bridal routes and horse paths? Don't forget, that roads will be like bottle-necks and don't provide much cover to hide behind. My plan was roads as well, until NR (I think it was NR) pointed out that "roads are for people who like to be ambushed". Since then it's be roads as far as possible, then get up grab my stuff, and start walking just off the roads.

Personally, if I have to travel, I plan to travel parallel to motorways, because I have very bad sense of direction. But if you can avoid it, you'd be much safer.

Sorry about me and PG having a bit of a hoohar on your thread.
it was NR that posted a thread about staying off roads(all roads not just motorways) and travelling parallel to them using them as a landmark, in this area there are lots of bridleways and footpaths to use, i decided to travel parallel to a river as that goes nearly all the way to my BOL.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.