Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Rucksack disaster, advice sought plez
29 April 2012, 15:45,
RE: Rucksack disaster, advice sought plez
(29 April 2012, 09:08)tony Wrote: ive been looking at getting a norweigan one ,wheres the best place to get one

If you are talking one of the old style canvas (or nylon - there are both available) then the military mart link further up the thread by Wet & Cold is a good place to try. Military Mart Hoods on ebay is who I got mine off. They have a store near Ormskirk which is damn cheap and stuffed full - of stuff! They seem to be available for about £15 unissued. The leather straps on these will be stiff and need softening up. I tried on a used but good one and the leather straps were nice & soft and v.high quality. They sure wern't going to break. The whole design was very well thought out and the carried weight was spread out onto the frame with no specific points of load stress. Should outlast me even in regular use. Regards, TL.

(If you are after a modern Norge one, then I do not know where to get one but probably the links alraedy shown or another member can point you in the right direction)
5 May 2012, 16:46,
(29 April 2012, 15:45)Timelord Wrote:
(29 April 2012, 09:08)tony Wrote: ive been looking at getting a norweigan one ,wheres the best place to get one

If you are talking one of the old style canvas (or nylon - there are both available) then the military mart link further up the thread by Wet & Cold is a good place to try. Military Mart Hoods on ebay is who I got mine off. They have a store near Ormskirk which is damn cheap and stuffed full - of stuff! They seem to be available for about £15 unissued. The leather straps on these will be stiff and need softening up. I tried on a used but good one and the leather straps were nice & soft and v.high quality. They sure wern't going to break. The whole design was very well thought out and the carried weight was spread out onto the frame with no specific points of load stress. Should outlast me even in regular use. Regards, TL.

(If you are after a modern Norge one, then I do not know where to get one but probably the links alraedy shown or another member can point you in the right direction)

thanksBig Grin
6 May 2012, 19:52,
I've had a little experience of these patrol sacks...IIRC we had 70l jobs that had detachable sidepockets , these could be zipped together to form a little daypack thing , useful for out on a little short trip or if on a recce - main bag could be dumped at a cache and emergency gear / kit taken in the small daysack. The tech involved in these things has skyrocketed now , the moray bag looks good btw , no unneccessary bits hanging off , and very compact for a 35l pack.
Trying very hard not to be paranoid.....and it aint getting easier.
9 June 2012, 07:49,
I've got this...

http://www.servicesandsecurity.com/produ...litre.html

Fortunately not for that price (feck.... how much? :O )...
It's survived 6months of being dragged around europe and thoroughly mistreated as seat, pillow and prop. Not to mention subsequent camping excursions.
I recommend it for its durability and capacity but it's far too bulky (and i ain't that big lol) for the long-haul in my opinion.

These days I use this

http://www.tesco.com/direct/wenger-backp...__506-6072

But only because work were giving away 70% off coupons for staff at first, but it's grown on me. It's very lightweight and it's compartmentalised internals make life a lot easier for the potential scavenger.

Get rid of the badge and tape off the shiny metal bit and you're set Smile
"Wicked phenomenon, yes? But, you know, it’s not any more "evil" than, say… fire. It all depends on your point of view. Try to get a better understanding of things before you make your judgement."