Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chickens
28 October 2011, 13:50, (This post was last modified: 4 February 2012, 17:55 by Skean Dhude.)
RE: Chickens
may i recommend the following book: Keeping poultry and rabbits on scraps" by claude goodchild & alan thompson, priced £6.99 isbn978-0-141-03862-9 originally printed in 1941 now re issued.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
14 November 2011, 12:04, (This post was last modified: 14 November 2011, 12:09 by mikebratcher69.)
Would you be able to opsec a cockerel?
Seriously could you feed it once a day then put a rubber band around its beak like a dogs muzzle to stop it crowing?
Just and idea... anybody got a noisy cockerel and want to give it a try?
Just dont cover its nostrils i think?
we used to keep three rabbits in our back garden, fat little buggers kept the lawn cut and I never had to cut it or feed them except for scraps of veg from the local market. you should be able to get peelings etc from local markets as the stall holders sometimes tidy the veg lopping off old leaves etc before displaying. BUT they did attract foxes so thats something to bear in mind, we lost ours to an especialy happy fox one night.
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
14 November 2011, 13:51,
Thats the rabbits attrecting foxes by the way... not the stall holders, though they may well do judging by some of their aftershave.
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
3 February 2012, 22:23,
i have just been given the go ahead to get a couple of chickens so will be building an ark what is the best time of year to buy hens

thanks b/d
3 February 2012, 23:37,
Having a cock around will also affect the laying of the chickens
4 February 2012, 17:56,
I'm puzzling over the noise issue myself. It will attract people for miles after an event. I'm leaning towards ducks at this stage.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
4 February 2012, 18:05,
(4 February 2012, 17:56)Skean Dhude Wrote: I'm puzzling over the noise issue myself. It will attract people for miles after an event. I'm leaning towards ducks at this stage.

Ducks make a lot of noise too!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 February 2012, 18:22,
Not as much as a cockerel I bet. The noise a cockerel makes is well known. Although I have been told ducks are noisy.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
5 February 2012, 01:03,
Try geese as a guard dog nasty little bug=ers.
5 February 2012, 10:57,
you dont need a cockerel if you have chickens for eggs, you only need a cockerel if your breeding for meat.