Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
alternative housing ??
3 July 2012, 21:10,
RE: alternative housing ??
Labels and perceptions are well known. If I was a guy with a mohican and a gun I would not be the one to initiate contact. Some things just don't need saying and without some namby pamby politician sending plod after you for jumping to conclusions we will just have to be more careful. Shit happens.

Common sense.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
3 July 2012, 22:19,
One question about the Windy Smithy thingy.
How on earth can you harness a horse to it?
;-))

3 July 2012, 23:16,
It is not right to think that all of us would shoot first and talk later. Some yes - all no. Your long term survivability may be better OR worse with the shoot first policy. After all, it is not a no consequence video game we are talking about. There will be no quick healing med patches etc etc.
3 July 2012, 23:21,
(3 July 2012, 23:16)Timelord Wrote: It is not right to think that all of us would shoot first and talk later. Some yes - all no. Your long term survivability may be better OR worse with the shoot first policy. After all, it is not a no consequence video game we are talking about. There will be no quick healing med patches etc etc.

I am glad someone said it.
Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
3 July 2012, 23:24,
TL,

I agree with you. However, imagine you come across a Freddie Kreuger look alike isn't your tolerance going to become a bit strained. I'm not saying we are all blood thirsty killers but some things make us slow down some thing don't.

Thinks are never black and white. Thus if I looked like a scary person, (no comments please), then I would have to be careful what I did meeting people.
Skean Dhude
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
3 July 2012, 23:29,
I agree. I think any switched on person would be weighing up all situations as they arise. That is part of the skillset that makes us such successful animals. Therefore an automatic shoot on sight response to all encounters is contrary to our successful evolutionary path.
3 July 2012, 23:44,
(3 July 2012, 23:29)Timelord Wrote: I agree. I think any switched on person would be weighing up all situations as they arise. That is part of the skillset that makes us such successful animals. Therefore an automatic shoot on sight response to all encounters is contrary to our successful evolutionary path.

im not saying i'd shoot people on sight, simply shoot depending on that first snap decision, if i think bad, i kill, if i dont ill see what happens, but 90% of the time its better to hide than start a confrontation, shooting should be a last resort, but yes your completely right, it depends on the exact situation, so you can never say one way or another until it happens.

and yes it is very much contrary to our evolutionary path, if this was a philosphy everyone adopted how would society rebuild, how would you meet trained medical staff, or the all important females xD.
3 July 2012, 23:46,
True indeed!

They might be the most deadly - but you only find out later...... lol.
4 July 2012, 07:33,
Exactly my point. They look safe to take into your home and then they take over.

Yet, even Mrs Mohican gets treated at arms length.
Skean Dhude
4 July 2012, 07:55,
(4 July 2012, 07:33)Skean Dhude Wrote: Exactly my point. They look safe to take into your home and then they take over.

Yet, even Mrs Mohican gets treated at arms length.

i think the best rule of thumb to work by is, looks dodgy, avoid, looks ok, avoid....if you happen to meet someone and get to know them a little bit maybe from the odd bit o trading or whatever and they seem alright, keep getting to know them and maybe you will eventually trust them enough.

just trust your instincts, and you should be ok, with all your survivalist research and all the moral debates we have im sure we can all make the right conclusions Smile