Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sewerage systems.
28 June 2012, 08:35,
RE: sewerage systems.
Here you go, both parts are on youtube.(going to watch it myself later)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtXydNe9AQs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UMtL0lE0...ure=relmfu

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
28 June 2012, 09:09, (This post was last modified: 28 June 2012, 09:11 by Bug_out_Bag.)
Re blocking the drain: Would mixing up concrete and pouring it down both the loo and nearby manhole do anygood do you think? Would there be enough time between knowing that you have to take decisive action to manually mix enough concrete, tip in selected areas and have enough time for it to set?

Oh BP! I'm so glad you posted about this! THANKYOU! Big Grin
(28 June 2012, 08:35)TOF Wrote: Here you go, both parts are on youtube.(going to watch it myself later)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtXydNe9AQs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UMtL0lE0...ure=relmfu

Thank you TOF, I will watch this at the weekend Smile
28 June 2012, 09:23,
just realised that the treatment plant is at the bottom of our estate, it must go on further from there because its only a little one, it obviously does the whole estate about 200+ houses, it quite a way from our house but the fall isnt huge, i dont think it will take long to backfill...hours rather than days.....this COULD be the reason we bug out rather than any great calamity!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
28 June 2012, 09:46,
I think the system will run out of water before the sewers are full. It isn't just a failure in sewage. I'd say you would be OK bp, as well as most of us, but anyone who lives at the bottom of a hill full of houses might well want to stock up on gas masks.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
28 June 2012, 10:10, (This post was last modified: 28 June 2012, 10:15 by TOF.)
(28 June 2012, 09:46)Skean Dhude Wrote: I think the system will run out of water before the sewers are full. It isn't just a failure in sewage. I'd say you would be OK bp, as well as most of us, but anyone who lives at the bottom of a hill full of houses might well want to stock up on gas masks.

Well that's just great. Thanks, no, really, thanks a lot. I live at the bottom of a hill. My house number?....... 205.

Look what I found!!

http://www.floodmaster.co.uk/toilet-plugs.html

There's all sorts of flood defence goodies.

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
28 June 2012, 19:03,
Thanks for that TOF! It's a bit pricey for a bit of recycled plastic and rubber but who'd have guessed something like this was available! If it works it will be well worth having. I don't live on a hill but I'd like to have something like this as. back up, I wonder if it would be possible to make something like this .... hmmm! Smile
28 June 2012, 20:21,
It would be pointless for an upstairs loo! lol. Don't forget any other drain connections and also the outside drains will overflow and this would need to be kept outside as well. Bricks are often porous over time and air bricks/grates are even worseBig Grin If the sewer system is backing up due to flooding, then you could just knock the bottom off the outside fall pipe from the toilet. That would be cheaper and keep the crap outside. The problem with this type of sealing off design, is that the pressure will be great if the flood level is rising and you may wish to give some thought to the integrity of the woodscrews holding the toilet down to the floor! There's nowt like a good blowout!Big Grin
28 June 2012, 20:47,
This made me laugh TL! The prognosis is not smelling sweet! I will have to give it more thought! My initial thought was to cap it off! I have horrible visions of my best made 'bugging in' plans getting covered in crap! Ah well, good job I've got Plan B, Plan C, Plan D etc! Undecided
29 June 2012, 10:18,
i've just found out that what is at the bottom of the estate is a sewage PUMP, it pumps it down to the local treatment works which is a further 100 yards or so further DOWNHILL, when treated the water is pumped into the river, not sure what they do with "the other material" but wouldnt surprise me if that is what the farmers spread on the field around here.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 June 2012, 10:28,
Our sewage systems failed epically last night, did you see the 30 ft high collumns of water blasting out of the drains on the tv news last night in Newcastle and Durham