Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LS and SD opinions required please
5 July 2012, 11:12,
RE: LS and SD opinions required please
(5 July 2012, 10:28)Skean Dhude Wrote: Let's see how they repond to one of their own. If they don't fit in then they don't. We will find out.

I have the same concerns but let's see what goes on. Our solution could very well be ham radio but we may very well decide not to get involved in their system. Let's not jump to conclusions.

Remember that LS is offline as well. He may not have seen his well deserved promotion. Smile Therefore I would not expect that component to be part of the initial design results next week.

i posit that in honour of his new position, if/when the next SUK meet happens i shall also buy him a beer Smile...well tbph ill probly buy everyone a beer to say hello xD
5 July 2012, 12:02,
(4 July 2012, 11:22)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(4 July 2012, 11:19)Lightspeed Wrote: NR
If option 2 is your response to no good looking women, I don't thik I'll be bugging out with you any time soon!!!

ROTFLMBO Smile

Roll On The Floor Laughi.. My Back! Ouch!!
5 July 2012, 12:04,
(5 July 2012, 12:02)00111001 Wrote:
If option 2 is your response to no good looking women, I don't thik I'll be bugging out with you any time soon!!!

ROTFLMBO Smile

SOD OFF Smile
I sneezed last night and could not move for about 20 minutes, it felt like I had been hit by a truck !!!

5 July 2012, 12:06,
(5 July 2012, 12:04)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(5 July 2012, 12:02)00111001 Wrote:

ROTFLMBO Smile

SOD OFF Smile
I sneezed last night and could not move for about 20 minutes, it felt like I had been hit by a truck !!!

Sorry, shouldn't laugh - I know how painful it is, I slipped a disc in my neck. Pretty much paralized until I self medicated and then had my head turned round by the local witch doctor. 6 months of physio, all cause I fell asleep with my noggin on sideways.
5 July 2012, 12:16,
The bit that keeps scaring ( really) but the medics say is expected esp after the camera, ( fooking camera it felt more like an entire BBC outside broadcast team and their truck) is the way if I jolt myself my pee turns red for a while !!!. Wife and Doctors tell me to stop worrying as it will get better but it still scares me.

5 July 2012, 22:59,
(5 July 2012, 08:49)NorthernRaider Wrote: I'd like to add to that point, and I'll point out I have no axe to grind wikth RAYNET, I admire what they do. But I too remember incidents up here in bad winter when CB clubs did enormous amounts of helping people stuck cos of the snow and ice, they even teamed up with 4x4 clubs to deliver hot meals etc, and Raynet was not involved at all. In all fairness though at that time Raynet tended to focus on providing comms for events, shows etc.
Secondly and again in agreement with Paul I phoned the loca lAmateur radio club on Tuesday to ask about licence courses and i proudly told him I had just bought some new CB gear until I was qualilified, He described CB gear as "silly toys for chavs".

I politely told him not to bother looking for me and hung up.

Hi NR, disappointed at the response you had from your local radio club, afraid some can be very snobbish esp in some parts of the country. Our local club is run by ex CBers who went legit and welcome everyone who wants to learn, wish they were all like that.
9 July 2012, 07:42,
(5 July 2012, 08:49)NorthernRaider Wrote: I'd like to add to that point, and I'll point out I have no axe to grind wikth RAYNET, I admire what they do. But I too remember incidents up here in bad winter when CB clubs did enormous amounts of helping people stuck cos of the snow and ice, they even teamed up with 4x4 clubs to deliver hot meals etc, and Raynet was not involved at all. In all fairness though at that time Raynet tended to focus on providing comms for events, shows etc.
Secondly and again in agreement with Paul I phoned the loca lAmateur radio club on Tuesday to ask about licence courses and i proudly told him I had just bought some new CB gear until I was qualilified, He described CB gear as "silly toys for chavs".

I politely told him not to bother looking for me and hung up.

Hi NR,

Just back on line and very quickly checking posts etc.

Hope you've stopped buggering around on the floor now, and thatthe pain killers have kicked in :-)

Sorry to hear of your negative experience with your local Ham club. I think you were very unlucky in reaching one of the dinosaurs. Truth is that without new blood Ham radio is dead.Average age of the Ham community is high and youngsters are not particularly enthralled atthe prospect of chatting to someone in the next town over radio when their mobile phones and VOIP connections give them worldwide communications already. As martin commented, theer are very many clubs where ex-CBers are represented in large numbers, and the style of those clubs is much more laid back and acommodating.

My own experience is that when gatting into Ham radio, I was very cautious of the motives of the older hams, primarily as a result of some serious run ins with their type in the past (pre CB 27/81 days). My fears were completely unfounded and I was welcomed into the fold with a huge level of kindness, freindship and assistance. And that was not just at a single club. I have experienced the same from Hams across the UK and worldwide.

If you can PM me your approx geographic location, i'll see if I can find you a training venue that is more sympathetic.

Opps, gotta go now, it appears that I'm discussing Survival UK stuff in time that is being paid for by my employer!!!

Seeya.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580