Poll: What do you expect from prepper comms net?
A only
B only
C only
A and B
A and C
B and C
A, B and C
Not interested in comms
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you expect from prepper comms net?
3 July 2012, 20:48, (This post was last modified: 3 July 2012, 21:00 by The Local Ned.)
RE: What do you expect from prepper comms net?
LoL.

Roger so far mate.
(3 July 2012, 20:48)The Local Ned Wrote: LoL.

Roger so far mate.

I'm sure I posted on this thread yesterday , and also a quick one regarding basic antennas , what SWR is , and that lowering it by physically adjusting an antennas length will alter it one way or another , lower the SWR ( 1:1 ratio being the best ) the more power that is being transmitted out through the antenna rather than in through the transmitter setup.

I agree with both Paul , and NR , once again timing and context will decide which comms system is best to use.

I think we are all agreed that for local comms - from/to your B.O.L is best done by PMR466 for various reaso , range being 1 - 5 miles.

For slightly more distant work then the UK FM CB band may be the best candidate , nobody should be expecting regular comms outside 10 - 20 miles at best from this.

For comms between midlands / home / northern counties , then I think the only viable radio service is HAM. Nothing else widely available has the range , unless you start looking at using radio equipment that is illegal to use unless licenced ?

I can see where NR is going by meaning the ins and outs of all the arguments is irrellevant - as long as we can decide on which comms systems we can agree for common usage.

Trying very hard not to be paranoid.....and it aint getting easier.
3 July 2012, 21:02,
(3 July 2012, 20:47)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(3 July 2012, 20:42)Paul Wrote: Ch 20 Ult-Lo USB Slo-Mo
0001 - 0100 Zulo Wednesday
if anyone is interested.

Erm........................Err............Ahh.............Mmmmmm ????

Yep, geek speak.
An invitation for other freebanders on the forum.
Someone a ham called "Scum of the airways" a few days ago.

3 July 2012, 21:05,
We all have geek speak. It is the way we make our work look more difficult than it is and to keep others out.

like all languages you just need to have a translater.... LS.... Ooops. Offline for a few days.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
4 July 2012, 06:52,
Only 10 votes... that's sad.

Lets see how many we have after the weekend?

LS
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

4 July 2012, 07:42,
Thats why I said leave it for a week. Some people only come in once a week and they have views too.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
4 July 2012, 08:23,
(4 July 2012, 07:42)Skean Dhude Wrote: Thats why I said leave it for a week. Some people only come in once a week and they have views too.

Agreed.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580