Poll: Should a major event occur, how far do you have to go to your BOL?
Bugging In
Bugging Out but no destination in mind
<20 miles to BOL
20 to 50 miles to BOL
50 to 100 miles to BOL
100 to 200 miles to BOL
>200 miles to BOL
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How far to Navigate to your BOL?
11 January 2012, 14:27,
RE: How far to Navigate to your BOL?
(11 January 2012, 14:19)Lightspeed Wrote: [In stead of attempting to walk 50 miles, I'd go by bike. That way I'd be able to both travel faster, and carry more load. 50 miles is doable in three hours in good conditions, so allowing for difficulties you'd be at your destination same day, without the need to camp out.

LS this chart will help you make your very valid case
http://www.flickr.com/photos/43478117@N00/5442722456/

11 January 2012, 15:01,
The reason I attempted my route to my BOL on foot was because I wanted to be as 'off' road as possible and see how I would cope if the roads had been blockaded by the powers that be or other forces, and it worked out well, i managed to find a more secure and closer BOL than my original one, something I would have missed if I had been travelling on just the road.
I think I would try to get as far as I could on a bike but then abandon/hide it and finish my journey on foot as my BOL is not accessable by road.
There's no Justice, There's Just Us.

11 January 2012, 17:23,
Like everything else it is swings and roundabouts. Foot is stealthy but slow and if detected you can be sought out. Motorvehicles are noisy but fast. It depends on the routes,how far to travel and the density of people. Not everyone can secure a road.

Personally, I prefer pedal bike for a default. Quiet and fast when needed. You can carry it across rivers on footbridges, swim it across or carry it past traps.

Not ideal for bugging out with your entire compliment of preps.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin