• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
great knife at an unbelievable price
21 August 2012, 23:26,
RE: great knife at an unbelievable price
If you don't mind an orange handle
http://www.my-tool-shed.co.uk/p1015004/H..._info.html
23 August 2012, 11:05,
(13 July 2012, 19:31)Hrusai Wrote: the atwood 15m of paracord is ok, its not proper mil spec paracord as it has 7 inner strands, but all the same colour and only 2 strands to each inner strand, whereas real paracord has 7 inner strands where one of them is made up of 2 colours and each inner strand is made up of 3 strands. but nonetheless its still a decent product and will do what you need it to, its coped with what ive tried with it, although i havent tried to do a proper stress test on it yet Tongue

People get too caught up with the 550 paracord. Yes, it does have a 550lb rate, but that's only if it's in a straight line. Tie a knot in it, loop it round something etc and you lower the tensile strength. If you've got to the point when you've broken your paracord then you need a decent rope instead.
23 August 2012, 13:05,
(23 August 2012, 11:05)00111001 Wrote:
(13 July 2012, 19:31)Hrusai Wrote: the atwood 15m of paracord is ok, its not proper mil spec paracord as it has 7 inner strands, but all the same colour and only 2 strands to each inner strand, whereas real paracord has 7 inner strands where one of them is made up of 2 colours and each inner strand is made up of 3 strands. but nonetheless its still a decent product and will do what you need it to, its coped with what ive tried with it, although i havent tried to do a proper stress test on it yet Tongue

People get too caught up with the 550 paracord. Yes, it does have a 550lb rate, but that's only if it's in a straight line. Tie a knot in it, loop it round something etc and you lower the tensile strength. If you've got to the point when you've broken your paracord then you need a decent rope instead.

I use 550 Para cord to pull my yank crossbow string back, tuff as nails, I do wonder if it would manage to keep doing this over time though, like the stress on the knots and so on.
Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
23 August 2012, 13:14,
(23 August 2012, 13:05)Nemesis Wrote: I use 550 Para cord to pull my yank crossbow string back, tuff as nails, I do wonder if it would manage to keep doing this over time though, like the stress on the knots and so on.

i deliberately left some paracord tied up suspending a blanket to act as a makeshift hammock, still there, still works perfectly, although the knots are bloody tight from holding me weight xD tried undoing it half heartedly the other day, aint budging! its been soaked and dried and soaked and dried and no signs of mould or of weakening at all, will leave it there as a test to see how long it takes to degrade Smile
24 September 2012, 22:38,
Had a similar knife with the plastic sheath and same price whilst workibg on a dredger couldnt fault it.