Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bugging Out Tonight! Ha! Ha!
8 July 2012, 12:48,
RE: Bugging Out Tonight! Ha! Ha!
Hi Everyone!

Well it tipped it down and all was enjoyable but a couple of things came to light ... Firstly, it's a 2 man tent made for hiking, cycling etc. With one small person and two fluffy cats no matter how wide their girth do not equal another person! So, we found it cramped and difficult to stop things like tails and BOBs and elbows and feet touching the skin of the tent but we managed it and had a rather enjoyable time listening to R4, drinking tea and snacking on food from BOB.

The actual footprint of the tent is only very slightly larger than my sleeping bag which is a British Army arctic bag which clearly is made for someone Of Big Paul's dimensions! Last night I used a cheap old somewhat smaller Halfords bag ( picked up for
£1 in brand new condition at a charity shop). On my 'To Do' list, I am scheduled to chop large amounts off my arctic bag and I will now be moving this up the list. Tonight, I am bugging out in my other 2 man, double skinned tent so that I can draw a direct comparison between the two.
The trekking tent is very, very small and light weight to carry, tonights one is bigger but weighs alot more. If I cut vast swathes off my arctic bag this will reduce my BOBs weight which may make it viable to use the bigger tent with BOB and the trekking tent in the GHB.

We shall see! Excellent fun though! I would like to plan a little 'wilderness camping' at some point with a view to testing out the contents of BOB and survival / hunting techniques and am
wondering if any of the other women here would like to get together and do this? Ideally it's best to test your skills in isolation, on your own however I am mindful that pre SHTF our methods of self preservation, should agressors be encountered, are somewhat limited right now.

I'm off to put up tent number 2 now

Messages In This Thread
Bugging Out Tonight! Ha! Ha! - by Bug_out_Bag - 7 July 2012, 18:32
RE: Bugging Out Tonight! Ha! Ha! - by Nemesis - 7 July 2012, 18:38
RE: Bugging Out Tonight! Ha! Ha! - by Hrusai - 7 July 2012, 19:00
RE: Bugging Out Tonight! Ha! Ha! - by Hrusai - 7 July 2012, 21:38
RE: Bugging Out Tonight! Ha! Ha! - by TOF - 7 July 2012, 22:30
RE: Bugging Out Tonight! Ha! Ha! - by Hrusai - 8 July 2012, 11:36
RE: Bugging Out Tonight! Ha! Ha! - by Bug_out_Bag - 8 July 2012, 12:48
RE: Bugging Out Tonight! Ha! Ha! - by Hrusai - 8 July 2012, 12:54
RE: Bugging Out Tonight! Ha! Ha! - by TOF - 8 July 2012, 13:39
RE: Bugging Out Tonight! Ha! Ha! - by TOF - 8 July 2012, 13:59