Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
compact and very accurate sniper
30 July 2012, 01:09,
RE: compact and very accurate sniper
I learned to fire shotguns during my teens , over and unders and side by sides, alongside the same person that I ran around on motorbikes with and was on the CB with.

I fired my first rifle - in the army cadets.
It was an old converted lee-enfield , dont ask the calibre - I cant remember.

I started Army training using the SLR , a good infantrymans weapon...
I finished my training using the SA80 , the first kinda shitty version , not the newer 'fixed' version.

I learned weapon handling using a .22 converted SA80 , which I can assure you - is deadly enough , never mind the .556 version.

I also fired some other weapons , including sniper rifles.

For anyone buying a weapon off the shelf - so to speak and expecting to get 'good groupings' after a month or two is very optimistic indeed. I had platoon mates that were sent to the all arms school to learn how to use sniper rifles effectively , they were trained soldiers and it still took them over a month on a course just to see if they qualified for a marksman badge.

It is not easy to do. Believe me.

The weapon shown looks more like a carbine , but I am certain it is indeed a long range rifle probably used to snipe...as it is a bullpup , it has certain advantages and disadvantages too , personally I'd rather go for a long barrel for a sniping weapon , being a compact sniper weapon offers no tactical advantage - the SA80 was brought into service with the army becoming more mechanised , full size SLRs arent much cop when you're jumping out of a 432 , so bullpup type made sense.
Trying very hard not to be paranoid.....and it aint getting easier.

Messages In This Thread
compact and very accurate sniper - by Hrusai - 19 July 2012, 04:47
RE: compact and very accurate sniper - by Hrusai - 22 July 2012, 08:19
RE: compact and very accurate sniper - by Hrusai - 23 July 2012, 07:33
RE: compact and very accurate sniper - by Paul - 29 July 2012, 00:21
RE: compact and very accurate sniper - by Hrusai - 29 July 2012, 00:28
RE: compact and very accurate sniper - by The Local Ned - 30 July 2012, 01:09