Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
National grid
30 July 2012, 08:12,
RE: National grid
i think i read somewhere( may have been a post by NR earlier this year) that if some of the connectors(or something) got knocked out on the National Grid it would take years..maybe never...to replace all the connections??
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
30 July 2012, 08:43,
(30 July 2012, 08:12)bigpaul Wrote: i think i read somewhere( may have been a post by NR earlier this year) that if some of the connectors(or something) got knocked out on the National Grid it would take years..maybe never...to replace all the connections??

You have to reports mixed up together there BP

Its estimated by some experts that taking out only a few specific distribution hubs on the NG would cause a cascade failure of most of the grid, and the other one was if an EMP went off it could take decades to rebuild the system. Smile

30 July 2012, 11:18,
yeah, it was the EMP one i was referring toBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
30 July 2012, 12:41,
The estimate was because these units rarely need replacing, we have so many of them so that if they blew in an EMP there would not be enough spares to replace even a small amount. A massive programme to rebuild would be started but it would take a while.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
31 July 2012, 14:26,
its now up to 600m without power guess i will not be geting much telesales from india for a while !
31 July 2012, 14:30,
(31 July 2012, 14:26)David075 Wrote: its now up to 600m without power guess i will not be geting much telesales from india for a while !

Aha I wondered why BT was not answering my calls Smile

31 July 2012, 14:34,
maybe thats a good thing, i'm fed up answering UNSOLICITED calls from people in foreign call centres who i cant understand.Tongue
31 July 2012, 14:41,
tell me about it they phone you up then demand you confirm your details before they tell you who they are anyway im keeping an eye on the india thing see how that develops.