Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tinned Margarine Experiment.
7 August 2012, 14:59,
Tinned Margarine Experiment.
Well, for those of you who, like me have some Rosa tinned Margarine squirrelled away, Good News! It's good stuff.

I've been looking after my niece and she's heavily into learning to cook(hallelujah!) So we've been using the Rosa Marg. Last week we made Muffins, this week we made Hobnobs. Both turned out great and taste really yummy. I tried it on a piece of toast and it tastes fine. I'll be putting more by.

Oh just so you know....Big Grin

[Image: DSCN0071.jpg]

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
7 August 2012, 15:02,
RE: Tinned Margarine Experiment.
(7 August 2012, 14:59)TOF Wrote: Well, for those of you who, like me have some Rosa tinned Margarine squirrelled away, Good News! It's good stuff.

I've been looking after my niece and she's heavily into learning to cook(hallelujah!) So we've been using the Rosa Marg. Last week we made Muffins, this week we made Hobnobs. Both turned out great and taste really yummy. I tried it on a piece of toast and it tastes fine. I'll be putting more by.

Oh just so you know....Big Grin

sounds like your having fun TOF!

good to know about than tinned margarine, something that never really crossed my mind (like so many other things) after seeing those impressive results ill be sure to add them to my storage list!

7 August 2012, 16:09, (This post was last modified: 7 August 2012, 16:13 by Melissa15.)
Where do you buy it? I have ghee put away for cooking with.
Never mind, I found it on approved food.
7 August 2012, 18:11,
(7 August 2012, 16:09)Melissa15 Wrote: Where do you buy it? I have ghee put away for cooking with.
Never mind, I found it on approved food.

We was getting it from a company called rosspa, very cheap about 20p a can, I just took a look seems they don't sell it no more, there is another company but they limit the order to no more than 90 cans and charge a lot more.

http://www.rosspa.co.uk/

Here is link to the other store:

http://www.approvedfood.co.uk/?pid=47102
Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
7 August 2012, 18:18,
cheers tof got the tined chease and mag all good Big Grin
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
7 August 2012, 20:03,
You kept this quiet at the bug out TOF! If I'd have known I'd have picked up a few cheap tins prior to the bug out! ...so now you know what will be requested at the next bug out don't you? They look delish! Well done and thanks for the report! Smile
8 August 2012, 15:07,

We made Quiche with it today. Pastry made with it gets another thumbs up. Oh and the filling was made with powdered egg, It was fab! Next time, we're going to try making Shortbread, or so I've been told! LOL.

8 August 2012, 16:29,
shortbread is my all time bestest of every thing Big Grin
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
24 August 2012, 10:53,

Had the niece and her brother yesterday, we made Shortbread with the margarine. It was so good, I never got chance to take a pic. Nephew even hoovered up the crumbs!

24 August 2012, 14:38,
Just had a look at the other site, the marg has BFD of this year Sad If it had a year on it, I would have bought some Sad