Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grains
8 August 2012, 21:05,
Grains
Spoke to one of the farmers here who sells Maize. He will sell dacks of food grade Maize directly to us if we are interested. I'm thinking of buying a couple of sacks is anyone else interested. Not sure I will do anything with it though. May try bread.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
9 August 2012, 06:16,
RE: Grains
there are some great corn bread recipes online if you google basic corn bread recipe
9 August 2012, 07:39,
cheers tigs ^^...depending on the size and price of these bags, and location, i may just have to buy some Big Grin
9 August 2012, 08:56,
Well location is up nr Chester. I'll get some idea of the cost over the weekend.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
9 August 2012, 12:30,
I really have to move, this is starting to get annoying.
Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
9 August 2012, 12:32,
Dunno what you make with Maize, cept crop circles ??

9 August 2012, 12:59,
erm corn bread , pop corn, polenta, whiskey , beer , vodka
9 August 2012, 16:35,
That's fortunate, are you getting it after its been dried?
Looking online it will keep for many months if the storage temperature & moisture content is low
http://www.extension.umn.edu/specializat...080-FS.pdf
I cant seem to get it to grow up here because the season isn't long enough
10 August 2012, 06:17,
it stores for years , corn was found in the pyramids, and archaeologist have grow crops from it they also made edible bread from it too
10 August 2012, 12:51,
Just to clarify are we talking about bags of Maize as in "Sweetcorn" rather than bags of Wheat or Barley ?

I would be interested if it was wheat etc, not so much if it's sweetcorn

I blame it on me reading too many yank sites, different names for the same things, thats my excuse anyway

You have the right to hold any beliefs you want. You do not have the right to have those beliefs automatically respected