Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One for the women
14 August 2012, 08:55,
RE: One for the women
cheers paul, i can see we're on the same wavelength there!
the whole eyes on the target is just an extension of situational awareness in my eyes, keeping track of what is happening is very important, and a combat/defence situation its even more important!

great point NR, people prepping in groups should certainly make sure everyone in the group is proficient with all the different weapons used, but if you have say 2 people firing a volley to keep the "enemy" down, and then another 2 with high powered crossbows to take the kill shots, you'd have a very efficient fighting force!....let alone the idea of 4 people firing at that speed!...now thats something i'd never want to encounter!
14 August 2012, 09:24,
If you're lucky enough to be in a functioning group prior to an event.
I still think that come a major event, they'll be precious few of us left, too far apart, to make a like minded coherent force of preppers.

Prepping is a solitary "sport".
Come that time I'm guessing the solitude we feel would have been good practice for what is coming.

Me, SWMBO, and dawg. That's my coherent force.

14 August 2012, 09:30,
(14 August 2012, 09:24)Paul Wrote: If you're lucky enough to be in a functioning group prior to an event.
I still think that come a major event, they'll be precious few of us left, too far apart, to make a like minded coherent force of preppers.

Come that time I'm guessing the solitude we feel would have been good practice for what is coming.

immediate family and those within 10 miles who your very familiar with, that's the group i'd look at, if any Tongue....as is its very solitary for me, maybe a mate in the village and thats it Smile

if an event happens by the time i settle down and have some little'uns then that'll be my group, and ill make sure the little'uns are well versed in archery, rock climbing, swimming, hiking and all manner of other useful skills, but i'll wait till they're 13 before actually saying, this is prepping Big Grin...otherwise it'll just be casual, but no less useful training Big Grin
14 August 2012, 10:06,
(14 August 2012, 09:24)Paul Wrote: If you're lucky enough to be in a functioning group prior to an event.

thats the one problem really, come some SHTF event and we are all spread out over the country, too far apart.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
14 August 2012, 10:16,
(14 August 2012, 10:06)bigpaul Wrote: thats the one problem really, come some SHTF event and we are all spread out over the country, too far apart.

on a short term basis its certainly unfeasible to work together (us here at suknet) but in the long term, with pre-arranged meets, and radio comms, it may be possible say a year or 2 after an event Tongue
14 August 2012, 10:21,
the old american "mountain men" used to have meetings...known as gatherings...in late spring/early summer after all the snow and ice had melted.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
14 August 2012, 10:27,
(14 August 2012, 08:46)Paul Wrote: Simple that one NR.
They were all thinking "merde"!

Question, what is the last thing to go through a French Knights mind?
Answer an English arrow.

14 August 2012, 10:28,
(14 August 2012, 10:21)bigpaul Wrote: the old american "mountain men" used to have meetings...known as gatherings...in late spring/early summer after all the snow and ice had melted.

well we do have some ideas for gatherings already, im sure once we all get things more in order we can actually make some solid ideas about when and where...will probably be summer or winter soltice as has already been mentioned somewhere or other Smile

hahaha, that did make me chuckle NR Big Grin
14 August 2012, 10:31,
(14 August 2012, 08:55)Hrusai Wrote: great point NR, people prepping in groups should certainly make sure everyone in the group is proficient with all the different weapons used, but if you have say 2 people firing a volley to keep the "enemy" down, and then another 2 with high powered crossbows to take the kill shots, you'd have a very efficient fighting force!....let alone the idea of 4 people firing at that speed!...now thats something i'd never want to encounter!

Put it this way, after the SHTF and your out patrolling / hunting / scavenging etc and you come across somebody else doing the same thing who is not part of your group, chances are you will both be equally suprised but if he or she quickly relaxes you can be bloody sure he has friends with him and they have you covered. And be it bow or gun you could really be in the dog poo.

14 August 2012, 10:33,
(14 August 2012, 10:21)bigpaul Wrote: the old american "mountain men" used to have meetings...known as gatherings...in late spring/early summer after all the snow and ice had melted.

Still happens every year in Central Europe.

First day of spring meets at traditional meeting points ( usually prominent hills / mountains) to see who's survived....

First day of winter feasts to put on final reserves of fat...

LS
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580