Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Olympics and PMR446
27 July 2012, 14:36,
RE: Olympics and PMR446
(27 July 2012, 14:02)00111001 Wrote:
(27 July 2012, 12:54)Lightspeed Wrote:
(27 July 2012, 12:11)WetandCold Wrote: I went to my dad’s Wednesdays and a whole canal has been closed down to the public, and I am talking huge area mass they have created one entrance which is manned 24/7 a stop check point, police present is large just driving around said area, there was army there already in place, this is all just for canoe event.

My parents have had to apply for a permit just to get into their own street by car.

I would not be surprised if they could block these signals, a jammer for said area or to james bond? But anyway they are not holding back funds to police this Olympics because this must be costing a fortune.

Sorry I don’t have PMR466 I think maybe I should get these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BaoFeng-UV-5R-...6rk%3D3%26

Hi W&C the UV 5r will certainly work on the PMR frequencies. Excellent bang for buck too.
(27 July 2012, 12:17)00111001 Wrote:
(27 July 2012, 12:11)WetandCold Wrote: I went to my dad’s Wednesdays and a whole canal has been closed down to the public, and I am talking huge area mass they have created one entrance which is manned 24/7 a stop check point, police present is large just driving around said area, there was army there already in place, this is all just for canoe event.

My parents have had to apply for a permit just to get into their own street by car.

I would not be surprised if they could block these signals, a jammer for said area or to james bond? But anyway they are not holding back funds to police this Olympics because this must be costing a fortune.

Sorry I don’t have PMR466 I think maybe I should get these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BaoFeng-UV-5R-...6rk%3D3%26

Technically, jamming a signal is illegal in the UK. They do it in prisons, some workaround there as it's owned by her majesty.

I've got the UV-5R. If you do get one, order it from Sinotel (they're on ebay too) I got mine in no time, and all of the UK repeaters had been pre-programmed for me, so no need to buy the programming cable (which you will need if you have to program it yourself)

Good point about the programming cable and software. If they are available at low cost as add ons, it will be worthwhile getting them. Once SD has the download section of this site set up we'll be able to share standard frequency programming configurations between us as simple file downloads. You'll need the software and cable to be able to opload the configuratons into the rig....it can be done manually but that's excessively time consuming pre SHTF.

Check out the yahoo UV-5R group - they have the downloads there already. Helpful group too.

I meant programming protocols of our own for use in the SUK prepper community.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

29 July 2012, 02:43, (This post was last modified: 29 July 2012, 02:45 by The Local Ned.)
Also , incidentally , the armed forces already have the portable equipment in service that is capable of scanning and jamming A LOT of freqs.

They were in use in Ulster and Afghan / Iraq.

We had 'white sifter' and 'blue sifter' , one jammed the freqs , the other scanned them , the jamming was to counteract any radio controlled I.E.Ds - it used to set off car alarms all the time Big Grin

The scanner was self explanatory.

The tech is available to shut down not only local comms , but national too.
(29 July 2012, 02:43)The Local Ned Wrote: Also , incidentally , the armed forces already have the portable equipment in service that is capable of scanning and jamming A LOT of freqs.

They were in use in Ulster and Afghan / Iraq.

We had 'white sifter' and 'brown sifter' and 'Antler' , one jammed the freqs , the others scanned them , the jamming was to counteract any radio controlled I.E.Ds - it used to set off car alarms all the time Big Grin

The scanner was self explanatory.

The tech is available to shut down not only local comms , but national too.

Oops my bad , changed the post slightly.

Trying very hard not to be paranoid.....and it aint getting easier.
9 August 2012, 04:28,
So what's the Feedback from the London area...

Are PMR frequencies swamped or is it business as usual?

LS
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580