Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Still want cats in your retreat after TSHTF ?
6 December 2012, 10:03,
RE: Still want cats in your retreat after TSHTF ?
(5 December 2012, 20:59)Highlander Wrote: Well I consider my dogs to be part of the family

my dogs would be the last of my worries

my dog is part of the family too and is checked regularly for ticks(sheep and deer around here) and is frontlined every 2 months, dosent go out unless 1 of us is with her, this will go doubly after TSHTF. mind you i think cats are filthy creatures and i will shoot them on sight after TSHTF.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 December 2012, 10:14,
(6 December 2012, 10:03)bigpaul Wrote:
(5 December 2012, 20:59)Highlander Wrote: Well I consider my dogs to be part of the family

my dogs would be the last of my worries
my dog is part of the family too and is checked regularly for ticks(sheep and deer around here) and is frontlined every 2 months, dosent go out unless 1 of us is with her, this will go doubly after TSHTF. mind you i think cats are filthy creatures and i will shoot them on sight after TSHTF.

I know you're a scary guy BP, but for your own sake, don't shoot our girls. The wife would walk through a wall of lava to seek revenge! I've gone up against guys pushing the 20 stone mark in the cage, and I think she's more dangerous than some of them. Well, one of them for sure (but that's just because he was a total wuss).
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
6 December 2012, 10:21,
(6 December 2012, 10:14)Scythe13 Wrote: I know you're a scary guy BP, but for your own sake, don't shoot our girls. The wife would walk through a wall of lava to seek revenge.

seeing as how we arent even in the same county, you must be about 80 miles from me, i dont think there is any danger of that!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 December 2012, 10:42,
I learned a while ago to respect peoples desires to keep tiddles and fido in their homes retreats, and they must learn to respect the fact that I will consider anyone from that group as possible plague carriers and not interact with them. Soon as I hear things like " Tiddles and Fido are our children and part of the family" I'm up and running the opposite direction. What social niceities work while society functions goes out the window the minute TSHTF. I know historically that disease and ill health from bugs kills more people in a disaster than the initial event itself.

6 December 2012, 10:44,
(6 December 2012, 10:21)bigpaul Wrote:
(6 December 2012, 10:14)Scythe13 Wrote: I know you're a scary guy BP, but for your own sake, don't shoot our girls. The wife would walk through a wall of lava to seek revenge.

seeing as how we arent even in the same county, you must be about 80 miles from me, i dont think there is any danger of that!Big Grin

That's a good point well made!

I feel better for the safety of our cats now.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
6 December 2012, 11:10,
i think people carry far MORE bugs than any animal does and this will be my main concern after TSHTF Big Grin
6 December 2012, 12:13,
see how clever rescue dogs REALLY are !: http://uk.news.yahoo.com/rescue-dogs-tau...57820.html
6 December 2012, 22:41,
I am not a cat lover,.. but we do have a cat,..and I must admit that I have always thought of them to be clean at least,... mind you we do have a few feral cats around here too,... and I will admit that some of those do need shooting
A major part of survival is invisibility.