Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Slow Descent - When To Bug Out?
18 August 2012, 16:34,
RE: The Slow Descent - When To Bug Out?
I'm too tired to bug out. It's too hot, tea is cooking, and I'm going to have my annual shower tonight.
18 August 2012, 16:45,
(18 August 2012, 16:34)Paul Wrote: I'm too tired to bug out. It's too hot, tea is cooking, and I'm going to have my annual shower tonight.

wether you need it or not ? Smile

18 August 2012, 17:36,
I plan to never get stuck in suburbia and need to bug out. My first house when I move out will most likely be a tiny cheap house in the middle of nowhere.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
21 August 2012, 19:25,
Evening

I will not be bugging out, nowhere to go. For me it's a case of bugging in and dealing with whatever arises.

Staying put and bugging out both have their problems, some people overestimate their abilities and don't have a hope in hell of surviving in their Rocky Mountain cabin. I see this a lot on a couple of sites I frequent, some of those people know everything there is to know about everything lol.

Obviously staying put will present more people centred problems, I am alone with a child, we could be viewed as easy pickings.....but I have made plans to dispell that myth (smiles evily).

As for when to bug out, well. If I had that option I would be gone at the first sign of trouble. I'd rather come back, tail between legs if I am wrong, than be caught in gridlock and not make it because I left it too late.

Good luck to you all.

Take care
I thought I saw a light at the end of the tunnel but it was some bastard with a torch bringing me more work
21 August 2012, 19:47, (This post was last modified: 21 August 2012, 19:49 by NorthernRaider.)
(21 August 2012, 19:25)Lizzie Wrote: Evening

I will not be bugging out, nowhere to go. For me it's a case of bugging in and dealing with whatever arises.

Staying put and bugging out both have their problems, some people overestimate their abilities and don't have a hope in hell of surviving in their Rocky Mountain cabin. I see this a lot on a couple of sites I frequent, some of those people know everything there is to know about everything lol.

Obviously staying put will present more people centred problems, I am alone with a child, we could be viewed as easy pickings.....but I have made plans to dispell that myth (smiles evily).

As for when to bug out, well. If I had that option I would be gone at the first sign of trouble. I'd rather come back, tail between legs if I am wrong, than be caught in gridlock and not make it because I left it too late.

Good luck to you all.

Take care

Lizzie I would say that in the last ten years that about 70% of the UK prepper community ( Excluding the young rambos Smile ) have now decided that bugging IN is more attainable and achievable than bugging OUT. More and more folks either are just staying put, or moving house lock stock and hidden barrels to the burbs or villages.

Population density, economics, tactical situations, traffic density, CCTV survielence, you name it its stacking up AGAINST preppers who planned on bugging out. I think that about 80% of my prepper friends have already relocated or are making plans to do so.
(18 August 2012, 17:36)Tibbs735 Wrote: I plan to never get stuck in suburbia and need to bug out. My first house when I move out will most likely be a tiny cheap house in the middle of nowhere.

As I pointed out to Nemesis you can but houses in rural villages around here from about £30K

21 August 2012, 20:07,
for me and mine its bugging in to much stuff and bodys and dogs to move it will be hard but everyone will be in shit street just keep your head done and keep doing wot you are doingSmile
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
21 August 2012, 21:19,
(21 August 2012, 19:47)NorthernRaider Wrote: Lizzie I would say that in the last ten years that about 70% of the UK prepper community ( Excluding the young rambos Smile ) have now decided that bugging IN is more attainable and achievable than bugging OUT. More and more folks either are just staying put, or moving house lock stock and hidden barrels to the burbs or villages.

That doesn't mean it is more survivable. It is a fact of life in the UK and we can only prepare and hope it works out. Having few options in rip off britain means we have to make do.

Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
21 August 2012, 22:03,
Having any well sorted plan is better than burying ones head in the sand, if the worst comes to pass a bugged in prepper has enough kit to still bug out with, and the skills to go with it, and vice versa for a bugged out prepper who has to bug back in. They are mentally much better equiped to survive and far better equipped than the sheeple trusting in god, luck and her majestiies government.

Prep for the worst, hope for the best, much better than sitting around waiting for god, the EU or the UN to come to the rescue.

22 August 2012, 00:40,
There's a terminology issue here. Bugging out should mean tactical retreating to (for example) a stocked retreat some distance from one's primary residence. Strategic relocation, on the other hand, relates to moving home so as to mitigate strategic threats. But no survivalist strategy should be wholly reliant on a last stand kind of approach where the expectation is that one's home / retreat will be assaulted by large numbers of looters / raiders / whatever. A fallback option - no matter where one is planning to ride out what's coming - is always desirable (if affordable).

22 August 2012, 10:06,
(21 August 2012, 20:07)Barneyboy Wrote: for me and mine its bugging in to much stuff and bodys and dogs to move it will be hard but everyone will be in shit street just keep your head done and keep doing wot you are doingSmile

Morning

I agree on both points. Also, mind set, adaptability and knowledge will play a huge part regardless of where you are located. There is no doubt in my mind that rural is better....if you have the skills and mind set to make it work.

Take care
I thought I saw a light at the end of the tunnel but it was some bastard with a torch bringing me more work