Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Armaggedon
19 August 2012, 19:29,
RE: Armaggedon
there is so much going on at the moment everywhere, i dont know where will explode first or what will happen somewhere else that will be the catalyst for us here, we are getting a rise in Moslem extremism in eastern countries, the EU cash crisis MUST at some time come to a head-they cant just keep throwing money at it-even Germany cant bankroll it for ever, the US is getting more desperate with its foreign policies, and we all know China will be the next economic super power.thats to say nothing of domestic problems in Westminster, paying £50 million per day to the EU, increases in foreign aid, bankers on going bonuses, housing and benefits for immigrants that have never worked a day in their lives, and palms being greased all over the place, it will only take one little spark to bring the whole thing crashing down.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
19 August 2012, 19:36,
You guys hit the nail onn the head, theres dozens of potential tipping point crisise going on, but what tickles me is that even with so many problems developing theres still plenty of preppers who wont relocate because its not convenient !!!!

19 August 2012, 19:43,
(19 August 2012, 19:36)NorthernRaider Wrote: You guys hit the nail onn the head, theres dozens of potential tipping point crisise going on, but what tickles me is that even with so many problems developing theres still plenty of preppers who wont relocate because its not convenient !!!!

i guess you just cant force people to do something! its a bit like smoking...either someone will stop or they wont...they have got to want to do it....its the same with prepping.....they either GET it or they dont....you can argue until the cows come home(believe me i've done it on OTHER sites) but if they dont want to do it...for whatever reason...no arguement or reasoning will make them change their mind.Angry
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
19 August 2012, 19:56,
some of us cant relocate, because its not possible, not just convenience Tongue

and yes almost all major civilisation collapses coincide with a period of weather turbulence or change, this may exacerbate conditions already present in the society and catalyse the reactions, but the conditions are always there in every society, simple humanity.
19 August 2012, 19:56, (This post was last modified: 19 August 2012, 20:01 by NorthernRaider.)
(19 August 2012, 19:43)bigpaul Wrote:
(19 August 2012, 19:36)NorthernRaider Wrote: You guys hit the nail onn the head, theres dozens of potential tipping point crisise going on, but what tickles me is that even with so many problems developing theres still plenty of preppers who wont relocate because its not convenient !!!!

i guess you just cant force people to do something! its a bit like smoking...either someone will stop or they wont...they have got to want to do it....its the same with prepping.....they either GET it or they dont....you can argue until the cows come home(believe me i've done it on OTHER sites) but if they dont want to do it...for whatever reason...no arguement or reasoning will make them change their mind.Angry
Yeah I know but unfortunately some times I'm a slow learner, or i think that i am not gettting the point across with enough haste to get folks to get out of town, horse to water etc.

(19 August 2012, 19:56)Hrusai Wrote: some of us cant relocate, because its not possible, not just convenience Tongue

A novice to prepping or perhaps a very young person may not be able to move ( though I recently did have one young twit from Doncaster tell me for months there was no way on earth he could manage to move then promptly buggered off to Altantic University ) But anyone who has been prepping for more than a few years is just kidding themselves they cannot move. But I no longer try to persuade people individually any more, I can do more good by focusing on helping those who are willing to move.

19 August 2012, 20:10,
Population will continue to grow, until it is no longer sustainable. Millions of starving refugees with nothing to lose will most likely start wars and place further demand on resources. Its like being on a cruise liner. The cruise liner keeps everyone comfortable and fed and happy. As more people crowd on, the boats infrastructure will eventually fail, or the engines are deliberately sabbotaged and the boat will begin to sink. By preparing, you are secretly building a lifeboat so you can escape.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
19 August 2012, 22:37,
(19 August 2012, 19:56)Hrusai Wrote: some of us cant relocate, because its not possible, not just convenience Tongue

You're not alone Hrusai.
We can't relocate because of the mess the housing market is in.
As for where to relocate to, we're giving VERY serious consideration to buying a one way ticket off this sinking Island.
After all what's here to stay for?
Draconian Taxes, stupid laws, our system of government, no work, the pension I'll never be old enough to collect, and a collapsing health service.
Or have I missed anything even remotely good?

19 August 2012, 23:39,
(19 August 2012, 22:37)Paul Wrote:

You're not alone Hrusai.
As for where to relocate to, we're giving VERY serious consideration to buying a one way ticket off this sinking Island.
Draconian Taxes, stupid laws, our system of government, no work, the pension I'll never be old enough to collect, and a collapsing health service.

good to know Big Grin
the housing market is totally fucked, and theres nothing we can do other than building our own things, personally i've been looking at land in canada for a long time, can get alot of prime woodland for not much money, and you can hunt and firearms arent no where near as restricted!

but no, i dont think theres anythign to stay for myself, i'd rather be in america Tongue
20 August 2012, 07:19,
America? No way, that's poss one of the first places that TSWHTF....houses in Europe are 10 a penny just now, land is really cheap also. If things stay as they are, in 10 years I'm off this Island also. There's a lovely house really and I mean really high up in the mountains in Italy going for 25k...yeah it's gonna be cold in the winter but a few log burners will see to that.
20 August 2012, 09:06, (This post was last modified: 20 August 2012, 09:11 by NorthernRaider.)
(19 August 2012, 22:37)Paul Wrote:

You're not alone Hrusai.

There was a prepper from Stokesley who was so far in negative equity and so pissed off with the way the UK was going he declared himself bankrupt, let em repossess his house , moved out to a village near Masham in a rented property, but there was one small problem, he wanted to emigrate but the bankrupcy statement meant the Aussies barred him. Poor sod, But he was fairly content in Masham with his allotment and preps last time i heard from him.

In our case we were so seperate to get out of teesside we decided to take the negative equitity on the chin and sold the house for less than we paid for it, twas a real bugger and a hell of a struggle but 7 years on we feel in general we did the right thing and are much happier, more settled and far better prepped.

So dont give up mate the housing market keeps picking up a bit.
(19 August 2012, 23:39)Hrusai Wrote: but no, i dont think theres anythign to stay for myself, i'd rather be in america Tongue

America is a big place and much of it is in a bigger mess than the UK, The preppers I knew and loved some much in Kansas and Colorado are all wanting to move to the pacific north west, Montana, Idaho etc, and more than a few Merkins are moving out of the US into Canada and the Baja area of Mexico, they thing the Feds are getting repressive and totalitarian and some Merkins think civil war 2 is inevitable.
(20 August 2012, 07:19)Prepaday Wrote: America? No way, that's poss one of the first places that TSWHTF....houses in Europe are 10 a penny just now, land is really cheap also. If things stay as they are, in 10 years I'm off this Island also. There's a lovely house really and I mean really high up in the mountains in Italy going for 25k...yeah it's gonna be cold in the winter but a few log burners will see to that.

We fancy Belgrade cos we have friends out there.