Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
He's doing my head in now grrrr
26 August 2012, 11:22,
RE: He's doing my head in now grrrr
He doesn't have any friends, none of us do, we prefer it that way Smile and I have told him to keep stum Smile @H..there are many things you don't know about me Smile *rubs her hands and does evil laugh*

26 August 2012, 11:24,
(26 August 2012, 11:22)Prepaday Wrote: He doesn't have any friends, none of us do, we prefer it that way Smile and I have told him to keep stum Smile @H..there are many things you don't know about me Smile *rubs her hands and does evil laugh*

oh gawd, now im worrying about you lol, well we're both mental xD so its all good Tongue
26 August 2012, 16:45,
Sad
(26 August 2012, 11:24)Hrusai Wrote:
(26 August 2012, 11:22)Prepaday Wrote: He doesn't have any friends, none of us do, we prefer it that way Smile and I have told him to keep stum Smile @H..there are many things you don't know about me Smile *rubs her hands and does evil laugh*

oh gawd, now im worrying about you lol, well we're both mental xD so its all good

yes you areExclamation
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
27 August 2012, 00:12,
Much the same here.
SWMBO seems to think I'm obsessing on this too now.

With the imminent arrival of a new handset , and with the 'A'team' esque dismemberment of certain things around the house , and my sudden lack of interest in chucking fluff at water - she has finally cottoned on that I am serious about this , and decided to take the piss at first until I told her I was deadly serious.

Undecided Now she probably thinks it's a mental health issue.

She's now asking questions regarding what kind of tinned goods , how much of the garden hut to fill etc etc. Dodgy

I've been steadily building up my familys awareness of issues outside of the UK , especially regarding food crops , economies collapsing and security threats like the upcoming rumble in syria , iran , israel , egypt and probably turkey too. I've also been dropping questions - what would you do if the water was off/power was out/no fuel available ?

She told me earlier tonight - " you've now got me worried about all this.."
I love it when a plan comes together.
Trying very hard not to be paranoid.....and it aint getting easier.
27 August 2012, 08:04,
My fella says it's a mental heath issue also, wait until I apply for a shot gun licence lol. He watched American preppers which I don't think helped our cause.
I lost my bank card last week and ordered another but will take 7-10 days for a new one, He ran out of baccy and had a gob on, I can't get to the bank until tomoz to draw out cash, I let him huff for 2 hours, went into my prep box and gave him a pack of baccy, he asked if I had it in my box, a smile crept on his face, I had a nice hour of gloating and poking fun at him..ha, ha, ha, ha Smile
27 August 2012, 08:24,
A lot of it is how you raise the subject with the better half. Yesterday I mentioned to mine that I was booking up some sailing lessons (suprisingly cheap), I just told her it was something I fancied trying and she was all for it. If i had said i needed to learn to sail so we could bug out to sea to escape the mutant zombie hordes she would probably have called for an ambulance

A little white lie sometimes makes life a lot easier Smile
You have the right to hold any beliefs you want. You do not have the right to have those beliefs automatically respected
27 August 2012, 08:33,
I have to buy school uniform, coats and shoes for 3 kids this week, just about crying, Imagin how many preps I could buy Sad Next week I will make up for it Smile
I plan on buying at least 12 tins of Tesco own rice pudding at 12p a tin, How am I going to explain that one? lol.
He already raised his eyebrows and siged at the 50 tins of Tesco mushy peas at 4p a tin Smile
27 August 2012, 08:41,
Quote:I plan on buying at least 12 tins of Tesco own rice pudding at 12p a tin, How am I going to explain that one?

It's saving you money, buying the tins now before the prices go up.
You have the right to hold any beliefs you want. You do not have the right to have those beliefs automatically respected
27 August 2012, 09:34,
My wife wonders about me and prepping but is all for a bit of stockpiling.
We have our BOLO list.
Even if we've got enough of something, anything on the BOLO list on "special" gets taken home. Works every time.

I'm humored about a lot of things though yet I can't complain.
The boss can shoot, make a meal out of almost anything including any bunnies I pot, spins our money out, and likes the outdoors.

When we had no where to live apart from our tent (TPTB labeling us as "no fixed abode") we coped very well in all sorts of weather and with all TPTB / jobs worth interference.
In fact we were fitter than we had ever been, no colds, rosy cheeks, the lot.
Pity we put down roots in a way as we're trapped now because of the UK's deteriorating situation.

We often discuss how other people cope when one person can't get on board with sensible prepping which she sees as just being prudent and a way of saving money.
Unfortunately it's not uncommon though.
We both think that it's mainly the women who prep as part of their usual MO as they basically run the household and have to spin out the money.
Problem is when someone tells them they are actually prepping. Some sort of stigma thing I suppose.
Too often though it's the fellas of the partnership that need the kicking to understand that things are getting worse and buying a few more of everything is just another way of "future proofing" the larder.
27 August 2012, 10:53,
i have these 2 motto's (about storing food) :1. "its no good on the supermarket shelves(it's better on my shelves) and 2. " buy it when you SEE it not when you NEED it"( when you need it you've already run out of it)!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.