Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
He's doing my head in now grrrr
28 August 2012, 18:57, (This post was last modified: 28 August 2012, 19:02 by bigpaul.)
RE: He's doing my head in now grrrr
(28 August 2012, 18:39)Prepaday Wrote: I never got chance to find out, my friend was popping them off first with his shot gun, I had a few random shots at trees etc and hit them all where I was supposed to Smile I'm hoping to buy his air rifle next week but have no idea where I can go shooting around here, I dunno if I can even have a practice in my garden as there are no solid walls, I may have to build a small one?The old lady next door will go mental as the noise will scare of the dammed pigeons that she feeds all day everyday grrrrrr

any air rifle clubs in your area? they will have a range you can practise on.
http://www.boltonairgunsociety.co.uk/news.php
sorry that didnt work, try http://www.boltonairgunsociety.co.uk
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
28 August 2012, 19:02,
Yes there is but think practicing on things bobbing all over the place is better than shooting at a paper target Smile
28 August 2012, 19:07,
sure it is but an airgun club can give you advise, you can try out their guns, mine even fixed my BSA Meteor for me...the club chairman no less, if your doing something wrong you wont find it out by yourself but you will keep making the same mistakes...especially if your new to air rifles....another set of eyes is always useful....but suit yourself.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
28 August 2012, 19:26,
An air rifle with a suppressor is really quiet. I fire them all the time in my garden and nobody is any the wiser. just make sure that you have a backshop so it doesn't leave your garden, don't walk around the garden or be visible with the rifle. I shoot from inside my kitchen across the garden to a concrete wall. That wall is besides a shed and across the way is a garage. So it is not visible from either side. I then park the rifle and go and pick up the bird. You can put targets there and practise all day.

If your neighbour has encouraged them in then put some bait down in front of your wall and lure them in. I only shoot them if I am going to eat them or they are destroying something.

One word of warning. My back garden is comletely sealed in. The back gate can be locked and nobody can get in without me knowing. I then shoot across the kitchen through the door and across the garden. The meal... bird, doesn't see me in the gloom of the house and I can play on the computer or whatever while waiting for something to enter my very narrow zone of fire. If you can't be sure that nobody could just walk into you zone of fire at any time you just can't do it that way. You will have to stand by the door so you can see. This means that you could be seen as well. Be careful.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
28 August 2012, 19:26,
@PB...Some good advice, There's no harm in giving it a go Smile
28 August 2012, 19:35,
Well worth getting a bird feeder with seeds and nuts to get birds and squirells into the habit of coming into your garden... would be a very useful situation if SHTF
28 August 2012, 19:39,
The old biddy next door would call the police, she stands at her kitchen window nearly all day admiring the birds, she goes through 5 loaves of brad a day feeding them. The dammed things poop in my gutter and plants start growing which blocks my gutters, when we had the car it was forever covered in poop, The washing gets covered in poop and I'm sick of it now, Across the way from me had a few pops at the pigeons and she went daft, called the police.
SHE'S DOIN MY HEAD IN NOW................
29 August 2012, 00:10,
As long as the pellets don't travel outside your boundary she can whistle all day but practice on targets first get the basics right first and becomes second nature plus practice helps control the buck fever
Bd
29 August 2012, 03:42,
Prepaday.
If it's any help I did a little piece about using a spring airgun.
http://forum.survivaluk.net/showthread.p...ing-piston Smile

Going to a local airgun club would help you tremendously though.
Air gun shooting is a bit of an acquired skill. Shooting at paper might not seem much fun but you'll quickly learn how to relax and shoot consistently.
It might seem daft but if you learn to shoot with an airgun, the change over to a proper firearm is easy as the same skills apply. Yet, some firearms owners can't shoot an airgun for toffee.

Neighbour problems are a concern especially if it's little old biddies feeding their beloved pigeons. Angry
She probably would call the plod even though she shouldn't just out of spite.
The problem for you would be the plods attitude to air gunners in an urban situation. They tend to get a little stupid about it. Dodgy

As for range, 30 yards is about right for an average airgun against a well armed Bunnie.
Putting a single airgun pellet within a 2" circle at that range is purely practice, practice and more practice.
Cost wise it's a damn sight cheaper with an airgun than a scatter gun.

Yes a shotgun will out shoot an airgun but at what cost?

Shotguns may look like fun and to the inexperienced look and sound impressive BUT they are expensive to feed i.e. shotgun ammo, expensive to store i.e. gun cabinets, you'll have to go through the formalities of licensing, and you'll be on the police's list of people to visit. Confused

29 August 2012, 09:18,
have you ever thought of reporting the old biddy next door if the birds are a nuisance? 5 loaves of bread a day seema a bit excessive, we feed the LITTLE birds in our garden and they get the end of a loaf not a whole one never mind 5!!!Big Grin