Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Every prepper Kid should do this
15 September 2012, 18:24,
RE: Every prepper Kid should do this
(15 September 2012, 18:13)bigpaul Wrote:
(15 September 2012, 17:50)Hrusai Wrote:
(15 September 2012, 17:40)bigpaul Wrote: dont hold your breath, i reckon its the scientists that fucked us in the first place, first with nuclear weapons and now with GM food!!

gm food aint nothin bad, if anything its better!...granted nuclear weapons were probably a mistake, but it did give rise to so many advancements in knowledge, as wel as nuclear power, which is the best replacement for fossil fuels imo Smile

but hey ive always been, and always will be, a science man Big Grin
cant agree about nuclear power..i think thats an accident waiting to happen(as in India and Japan) also GM food is frankenstein as far as i am concerned and i like to know what i'm eating.....i like natural foods not stuff that has been mucked about by scientists. too many people on planet earth thats all down to scientists with their "Test Tube babies", oh yeah and Thalidimide-that was all down to scientists too along with the drug companiesAngry

all popular misconceptions im afraid, modern nuclear power stations are exceptionally safe, the only times they go wrong is without due dilligence, or when built on bloody fracture lines where they can get ruined by earthquakes, the chances of a modern power station going into meltdown is almost 0

gm food is still natural, they use genes found in nature usually, or make very minor adjustments to the genome, changing just 1 or 2 genes can cost like 50 million or more!....and the way genetic engineering is going they are beginning to use whats known as directed evolution machine, which is essentially using evolution in overdrive to develop a specific trait in your plant....so its pretty much nature anyway!

cant say test tube babies are a bad thing myself, but thalidomide was an abomination, that was a total lapse in scientific procedure and proper medical testing, someone dropped the ball in a big way, but it wasnt science, they did follow proper scientific procedure, personally i dont think a few small instances of human error should reflect badly on the field of science myself Tongue

yeah i can chat for hours on this stuff xD
16 September 2012, 11:43,
(15 September 2012, 18:24)Hrusai Wrote:
(15 September 2012, 17:40)bigpaul Wrote: dont hold your breath, i reckon its the scientists that fucked us in the first place, first with nuclear weapons and now with GM food!!

gm food aint nothin bad, if anything its better!...granted nuclear weapons were probably a mistake, but it did give rise to so many advancements in knowledge, as wel as nuclear power, which is the best replacement for fossil fuels imo Smile

cant agree about nuclear power..i think thats an accident waiting to happen(as in India and Japan) also GM food is frankenstein as far as i am concerned and i like to know what i'm eating.....i like natural foods not stuff that has been mucked about by scientists. too many people on planet earth thats all down to scientists with their "Test Tube babies", oh yeah and Thalidimide-that was all down to scientists too along with the drug companiesAngry

all popular misconceptions im afraid, modern nuclear power stations are exceptionally safe, the only times they go wrong is without due dilligence, or when built on bloody fracture lines where they can get ruined by earthquakes, the chances of a modern power station going into meltdown is almost 0

gm food is still natural, they use genes found in nature usually, or make very minor adjustments to the genome, changing just 1 or 2 genes can cost like 50 million or more!....and the way genetic engineering is going they are beginning to use whats known as directed evolution machine, which is essentially using evolution in overdrive to develop a specific trait in your plant....so its pretty much nature anyway!

cant say test tube babies are a bad thing myself, but thalidomide was an abomination, that was a total lapse in scientific procedure and proper medical testing, someone dropped the ball in a big way, but it wasnt science, they did follow proper scientific procedure, personally i dont think a few small instances of human error should reflect badly on the field of science myself Tongue

sorry, these are things you and i will never agree on, different generations, so no commentBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
16 September 2012, 12:20,
Agree with both points. I think nuclear power could be used safley but at the end of the day were human so its only a matter of time befor someone messes up.

Sprouts are safe to eat,just cause someones a scientest and tells you its safe,doesnt mean there telling the truth.
16 September 2012, 17:44,
agree to disagree, i can respect that Smile
18 November 2012, 17:42,
I try to climb trees and I'm only 16.
I remember when I was younger me and my best friend spent all day playing in the street and climbing the trees and going to the park. that wasn't even that long ago.
18 November 2012, 19:00,
(18 November 2012, 17:42)AngrySurvivalGirl Wrote: I try to climb trees and I'm only 16.
I remember when I was younger me and my best friend spent all day playing in the street and climbing the trees and going to the park. that wasn't even that long ago.

Your post suprised me a little,..I was going to post something about learning to become a proper kid before `Health and Safety` reared its ugly head,..i.e. 30-40-50 years ago,... its nice to hear that some of you guys at least learnt how to play,.... there are so many kids these days that are not aloud
A major part of survival is invisibility.
1 March 2013, 09:39, (This post was last modified: 1 March 2013, 09:48 by Luci_ferson.)

[/quote]

Totally agree that nuclear power is nothing but a danger.
I live in a town with a power station that has been going since longer than I was born. its never actually contributed worthwile to the national grid, its been offline more than on due to minor accidents.
and now theyre building us another as soon as this one is decomissioned.
why build us another if its never actually been any use.
other than its waste products can be refined and used as nuclear material for bombs.
it certainly cant be abything to do with electricity, cos its rarely actually output any yet its still going and theyre building another.

They asked us if we wanted another, we all said no, so they said ok weve logged your concerns but were gonna build you one anyway cos we need it .

(15 September 2012, 18:24)Hrusai Wrote:

you pointed out that gm foods is only moving one genome or adding one from a related plant. which is correct.
however plastic is only one molecule different from margerine . think il stick with butter.

that was a poor attempt at humour lol
il never get the hang of humour.

i actually have nothing against most GM foods, they are developed exactly as you state using speeded up evolution.
I am a little worried about that though, as if you evolve an organism you also evolve anything in its chain. you could make it resistant to one disease and cause a flaw or weakness elsewhere that leads to a new disease in either itself or something that has eaten it.
its all still new technology .
we wont know the true affects of anything we create untill many years after.
but thats the same with everything really.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
1 March 2013, 11:25,
(14 September 2012, 22:51)Hrusai Wrote: it makes me sad that this is a rarity, i still climb trees and im 19 Tongue never used a safety rope in my life

my generation, and the next, are fucked.

I still do and i'm 43!!!

Never to old for the tree challenge....
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
1 March 2013, 12:03,
im up a tree nowSmile
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
1 March 2013, 12:08,
I'm out my treeConfused