Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommend me a vee-hicle.
3 September 2012, 08:58,
RE: Recommend me a vee-hicle.
(1 September 2012, 22:03)Skean Dhude Wrote: That is our government for you. ALways willing to find new ways of creating crimes so they can fine you. I've found that if Mr Smith bought it and failed to register it is just disappears. No Tax reminders, no sorn and no fucking meddling civil servants. Only thing is though it cant ever go back on the road.

Mod it slightly and stick it on a Q plate Smile Lots of paperwork and shitty insurance deals though
9 September 2012, 06:38,
(1 September 2012, 22:03)Skean Dhude Wrote: That is our government for you. ALways willing to find new ways of creating crimes so they can fine you. I've found that if Mr Smith bought it and failed to register it is just disappears. No Tax reminders, no sorn and no fucking meddling civil servants. Only thing is though it cant ever go back on the road.

Smart idea SD.

But as Tigs says, just SORN it and you get the best of both worlds, no tax / mot / insurance obligations, but you can still put it back on the road at a later date if you wish.

72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

9 September 2012, 07:10,
just taken my new 1979 xd landy off road to work on it i cant see a reason to pay tax and insurance on it while its off road for the next 12 months thing is it might never go back on road i might just use it on the farm
9 September 2012, 09:33,
(9 September 2012, 07:10)Tigs Wrote: just taken my new 1979 xd landy off road to work on it i cant see a reason to pay tax and insurance on it while its off road for the next 12 months thing is it might never go back on road i might just use it on the farm

Your community can just bimble around on John Deeres and Massey Fergusons fed on the red stuff cant you ?

9 September 2012, 09:46,
oh yes plus the fact we still have several hundred liters of heating oil (ok same thing really as red diesel Big Grin) left over from before we had the ground source pump fitted , i cant believe its 70p a liter now !!!
9 September 2012, 10:10,
(9 September 2012, 09:46)Tigs Wrote: oh yes plus the fact we still have several hundred liters of heating oil (ok same thing really as red diesel Big Grin) left over from before we had the ground source pump fitted , i cant believe its 70p a liter now !!!

Tellm me about it, I had a friend who is a farmer who set aside 500 gallons of red with fuel preservative, cost him 39 p a litre, some scrotes nicked it over two nights and it cost him 68 p a litre to replace.
He will give em both barrels if he catches em.

9 September 2012, 10:22,
only 7 years ago we only paid around 30p a liter !!!
9 September 2012, 10:24,
(9 September 2012, 10:22)Tigs Wrote: only 7 years ago we only paid around 30p a liter !!!

Born free taxed to death, the only farmers making a decent living now are low landers down south.

9 September 2012, 10:29,
(9 September 2012, 10:24)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(9 September 2012, 10:22)Tigs Wrote: only 7 years ago we only paid around 30p a liter !!!

Born free taxed to death, the only farmers making a decent living now are low landers down south.

no, not "Farmers" you mean AGRIBUSINESSES" i think NR? the sort that grub out all the hedges so they can get bigger and bigger combines onto their "prairies"!! ( its all small hill farms around here.)
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 September 2012, 10:30,
we have always made a profit ( not a fortune but a living) but this year its looking like we might just break even,lost one hay crop and had to turn it into silage ( not as much profit) and the rapeseed crop is not as good as we hoped due to the weather, tho if the weathers better it might just catch up!!