Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Will TSHTF first, or will you become unwell and snuff from bad health?
19 September 2012, 14:12,
RE: Will TSHTF first, or will you become unwell and snuff from bad health?
(7 September 2012, 19:50)HunterNurturer Wrote: Scythe, I agree with the overall premise of the thread, but I guess we differ in reference to timescales. Personally I'm leaning towards agreeing with something somebody posted this week (NR I think?) that SHTF in 2008 and will only deteriorate from that point. The only reason that wasn't "the big one" is the bailouts, but all that's done is postpone the inevitable.
We now have entire countries needing bailouts - our solution to countries crippled by debt is to create more debt, and it simply can't last forever. It's like paying a credit card bill with another credit card, eventually the credit runs dry and bankruptcy is the only possible outcome. (Interesting statistic BTW - 1 in 7 Americans has 10 or more credit cards... think about that)
The world is just not operating in a viable manner - if these countries were businesses they would have already gone bankrupt.

I half agree with you on this.

None of us know what will burst the bubble and when everything will collapse. However, with this in mind, it is possible for the debt to pile up for as long as people are ignorant towards it. If everything does collapse....check out Iceland (not the supermarket) back on it's feet doing well. It's not so much the debt that will ruin us, but how we react to it. Since humans are so unpredictable, it's best we don't have any preconceptions towards what will or will not happen. I think it's best we take care of our health AND prepare for WTSHTF. Instead of just looking at one and getting snuffed by the other!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin