Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solar heating: Would this work?
9 September 2012, 14:20, (This post was last modified: 9 September 2012, 14:58 by Skvez.)
Solar heating: Would this work?
I read this and wondered if it would work? I didn't read the whole thing as I my brain stopped working....
Solar panel made from cans...
http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2007/...t-of-soda/
9 September 2012, 14:59,
RE: Solar heating: Would this work?
Yes it looks like it would work, on cold sunny days.
Unfortunately in the UK much of our winter is cloudy which would greatly reduce its effectiveness.
Doctor Prepper: What's the worst that could happen?
9 September 2012, 19:44,
Every little bit helps.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
10 September 2012, 01:42,
yes it would work. just not very efficiently, black absorbs light and doesnt reflect it, and absorbed light turns into heat, personally i'd get a bunch of lenses and fit them to focus on a single copper pipe, which would heat water very efficiently, could use it to turn turbines or to simply have hot water, nice n easy, and a good use for all the speccy kids you hated at school who are now dead cause they arent preppers xD
10 September 2012, 11:57,
Built one a couple of years ago, but instead of cans used an old metal radiator.

On a sunny day, pointed directly at the sun all day, had enough hot water to wash and brush up after work.

Most days though it was lukewarm water out.
Sodomi Non Sapiens.