Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TALKING TO JOUNALISTS, learn this lesson
22 September 2012, 11:10,
RE: TALKING TO JOUNALISTS, learn this lesson
(21 September 2012, 22:40)Paul Wrote: Lucky you BP.
Yet, a chance comment to a neighbour, Chinese whispers by their friends, or even worse a BAD neighbour, and you may become a person of interest.
Nothing found on a visit still means a report get raised.
A report becomes an entry on an intelligence record and Bob's your uncle, you're in the system.

Plod has been to my house.
A neighbour complained about me shooting in the back garden.
Yet there was nothing illegal to find and I wasn't breaking any laws BUT a complaint had been made so a visit was called for.
He even had a few rounds through the airgun as he was a field target enthusiast.
Final comment by him?
"Try to shoot when the neighbour is out".
(He's now joined our little group of rabbiters).
thank you for that Paul, i dont have conversations with my neighbours, just say good morning nothing more, the bad neighbours just get ignored and are NEVER spoken too, i dont tell anyone my business and i mind my own!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 September 2012, 13:50,
You need to get rid of that neighbour. He would be top of my shitlist.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
22 September 2012, 15:50,
Next thing in progress, we're selling up.

22 September 2012, 15:57,
(22 September 2012, 15:50)Paul Wrote: Next thing in progress, we're selling up.

WHY??
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 September 2012, 16:05, (This post was last modified: 22 September 2012, 16:07 by Paul.)
A lovely little wood beckons.
A lovely little wood with no neighbours, one track in, not even a phone line.
At last my personal dream is only a few months away.

29 September 2012, 09:34,
I think it is a valid point with regards discretion and confidentiality. 'Loose lips sink ships'. Why anyone would advertise what they have, in perticular if the location itself is not secret is beyond me. More Ego than common sense!

To the case in point I think the guy got what he deserved. I do not think hand grenades and claymore mines have any place in civilian life. IMO You 'Prep' to preserve what you have and what is important to you. For most people this must be 'Life' and 'Freedom', Surely at the point of owning items that are highly illegal and could see you getting a long prision sentance, you have gone past the optimum point of preparedness and are now doing things counter to 'Life and Freedom' Just my thoughts.
3 October 2012, 18:15,
If you check Dsarti lost his guns because he joked to the doctor that he was suicidal this had nothing to do with being on Doomsday Preppers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj7G3uZAt5Y
Starting at 5:00

Still I think going on TV about beign a prepper is dumb. Even if TPTB leave you alone all your neighbours (work colleagues and distant friends) will be coming to your home in an event.
Doctor Prepper: What's the worst that could happen?
10 October 2012, 21:20,
(21 September 2012, 12:42)Skean Dhude Wrote:
(21 September 2012, 09:02)bigpaul Wrote: nothing i have in my house is illegal under current laws.

Yet people have gone to jail for having legal things in their homes that plod make a case are intended for illegal use.

All I'm saying is that legal or not if plod want you they will find items that they can use against you.

They the police will try all sorts of tricks. I had a brother in law who was pulled over by the plod. They searched his work bag and found a stanly knife and claimed it was an offensive weapon. He's a builder by trade.
In all fairness he was pulled over for drink driving and he is a bellend but the plod were just trying to pile up any charges they could. The magistrate through out the offensive weapon charge.