Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TALKING TO JOUNALISTS, learn this lesson
19 September 2012, 19:39,
RE: TALKING TO JOUNALISTS, learn this lesson
NR said

Quote:The thing is Paul 99.9% of us have nothing to hide, we remain law abidding and respectful, its a pity that so many of us are put off meeting face to face.

Regarding people not wanting to meet up, i dont think all of it is down to trust or op-sec issues, i think a lot of it is down to the fact that a lot of people who sit on their computers, posting on forums, and talking a good game either dont want to or can't actually do it in real life. They talk bullshit about their skills and kit and dont want to be found out by attending a meet, or maybe they just like living a fantasy life.

Thats honestly not a dig at anyone on this forum as I havent been here long enough to get to know who's who, but over the years that is the impression I have got and it is one of the reasons I havent bothered with forums much in the last few years. It's also one of the reasons I dont bother looking at being part of a pre-setup group, if you cant get 5 or 6 members to attend a meet a couple of times a year then there is no frigging chance of setting up a group no matter how benificial a group might be post fall

Again, just to reiterate, that isnt aimed at anyone in particular here, just preppers in general

Yep, I have had a bad day at the office Smile

You have the right to hold any beliefs you want. You do not have the right to have those beliefs automatically respected
19 September 2012, 19:44,
All our lives we are told about preparing for this that or the other but prepare for a worlds worst nightmare and you're nuts. Go figure !
Leon__xx

"The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least."
19 September 2012, 20:32,
yeah that's really sad that another prepper got targeted by the media/police. That said anyone who keeps grenades in the same house that their child lives in gets what they deserve.

It seems more and more preppers are being targeted in the news.
Do not rush to meet Death, he may not wish to see you.
19 September 2012, 20:40,
(19 September 2012, 19:39)IB1 Wrote: NR said

Quote:The thing is Paul 99.9% of us have nothing to hide, we remain law abidding and respectful, its a pity that so many of us are put off meeting face to face.

Regarding people not wanting to meet up, i dont think all of it is down to trust or op-sec issues, i think a lot of it is down to the fact that a lot of people who sit on their computers, posting on forums, and talking a good game either dont want to or can't actually do it in real life. They talk bullshit about their skills and kit and dont want to be found out by attending a meet, or maybe they just like living a fantasy life.

Thats honestly not a dig at anyone on this forum as I havent been here long enough to get to know who's who, but over the years that is the impression I have got and it is one of the reasons I havent bothered with forums much in the last few years. It's also one of the reasons I dont bother looking at being part of a pre-setup group, if you cant get 5 or 6 members to attend a meet a couple of times a year then there is no frigging chance of setting up a group no matter how benificial a group might be post fall

Again, just to reiterate, that isnt aimed at anyone in particular here, just preppers in general

Yep, I have had a bad day at the office Smile

Never a truer summary has been said Smile

20 September 2012, 09:14,
(19 September 2012, 20:32)preservefreak Wrote: yeah that's really sad that another prepper got targeted by the media/police. That said anyone who keeps grenades in the same house that their child lives in gets what they deserve.

It seems more and more preppers are being targeted in the news.

thats a very good reason for keeping Shtumm, especially to Journo's and neighbours, about what we have got stored.( not that i am storing anything illegal, i hasten to add!)
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
20 September 2012, 21:51,
(20 September 2012, 09:14)bigpaul Wrote: not that i am storing anything illegal, i hasten to add!

Not that it makes any difference to the pious wingebags.

Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
21 September 2012, 09:02,
(20 September 2012, 21:51)Skean Dhude Wrote:
(20 September 2012, 09:14)bigpaul Wrote: not that i am storing anything illegal, i hasten to add!

Not that it makes any difference to the pious wingebags.

nothing i have in my house is illegal under current laws.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
21 September 2012, 12:42,
(21 September 2012, 09:02)bigpaul Wrote: nothing i have in my house is illegal under current laws.

Yet people have gone to jail for having legal things in their homes that plod make a case are intended for illegal use.

All I'm saying is that legal or not if plod want you they will find items that they can use against you.

Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
21 September 2012, 13:19,
maybe in your area they do things like this SD, but Devon & Cornwall Police are undermanned as it is, without going to peoples houses on a whim. i would have to do something really silly before they came and trashed my house.
21 September 2012, 22:40,
Lucky you BP.
Yet, a chance comment to a neighbour, Chinese whispers by their friends, or even worse a BAD neighbour, and you may become a person of interest.
Nothing found on a visit still means a report get raised.
A report becomes an entry on an intelligence record and Bob's your uncle, you're in the system.

Plod has been to my house.
A neighbour complained about me shooting in the back garden.
Yet there was nothing illegal to find and I wasn't breaking any laws BUT a complaint had been made so a visit was called for.
He even had a few rounds through the airgun as he was a field target enthusiast.
Final comment by him?
"Try to shoot when the neighbour is out".
(He's now joined our little group of rabbiters).