Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One for Big Paul
23 September 2012, 09:02,
RE: One for Big Paul
(23 September 2012, 08:59)bigpaul Wrote:
(23 September 2012, 08:51)Metroyeti Wrote: People complain about muslims there only doing a watered down version of what christians did to pagan britain.

yeah, those bloody (christian) Romans have a lot to answer for!!Big Grin

amen to that! one of my favourite churches i suspect was built on an ancient pagan site, theres an amazing tree there that looks hundreds of years old, if not more, such a beautiful place Smile

another similar place is lake bled in slovenia, theres an island in the middle of the lake with nothing but a church on it, no room for anything else, but im fairly certain it used to be a pagan site Smile
23 September 2012, 09:08,
(23 September 2012, 09:02)Hrusai Wrote:
(23 September 2012, 08:59)bigpaul Wrote:
(23 September 2012, 08:51)Metroyeti Wrote: People complain about muslims there only doing a watered down version of what christians did to pagan britain.

yeah, those bloody (christian) Romans have a lot to answer for!!Big Grin

amen to that! one of my favourite churches i suspect was built on an ancient pagan site, theres an amazing tree there that looks hundreds of years old, if not more, such a beautiful place Smile

another similar place is lake bled in slovenia, theres an island in the middle of the lake with nothing but a church on it, no room for anything else, but im fairly certain it used to be a pagan site Smile
the christians took over most of the holy (pagan) sites and built churches on them, if you see a Yew tree in a churchyard you can bet it was a pagan site first, they even nicked the pagan holy days and called them christian ones, i can never understand why the British Isles is following a CULT which started in the middle east...whats that got to do with us...we should have our own religion based on beliefs in this country.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
23 September 2012, 09:20,
Whether its a muslim fairytale, a christian fairytale, or a pagan fairytale, it's all a load of bollocks. You can understand why someone in a cave a few thousand years ago needed fairytales to understand the world, but does any right thinking adult in the modern world really believe all this crap ?

I file all the religious people, whether they are muslim, christian, pagan, moonies, or whatever, alongside all the other types of people to keep well clear of if tshtf.

No offence intended - but seriously, grown ups believing in fairytales ? Smile

You have the right to hold any beliefs you want. You do not have the right to have those beliefs automatically respected
23 September 2012, 09:26,
(23 September 2012, 09:20)IB1 Wrote: Whether its a muslim fairytale, a christian fairytale, or a pagan fairytale, it's all a load of bollocks. You can understand why someone in a cave a few thousand years ago needed fairytales to understand the world, but does any right thinking adult in the modern world really believe all this crap ?

I file all the religious people, whether they are muslim, christian, pagan, moonies, or whatever, alongside all the other types of people to keep well clear of if tshtf.

No offence intended - but seriously, grown ups believing in fairytales ? Smile
I dont agree that Paganism is about fairytales, its about respect for all things nature and natural...
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
23 September 2012, 09:30,
(23 September 2012, 09:20)IB1 Wrote: Whether its a muslim fairytale, a christian fairytale, or a pagan fairytale, it's all a load of bollocks. You can understand why someone in a cave a few thousand years ago needed fairytales to understand the world, but does any right thinking adult in the modern world really believe all this crap ?

I think you a just a tad wrong on that mon ami, mainstream faiths like Judism, christianity etc are more than likely based on fictional characters, but my research shows that Paganism is worship of natural elements like earth, fire, water, animals etc in a similar way to north american natives respected and worship the solid reality of the world they lived on.

23 September 2012, 09:38,
depends entirely on the faith my friend, ones that draw you to unproveable and undisprovable ideas are BS, ones like paganism which simply teaches a deep respect for nature and that we should live in harmony with it, or budhism which is essentially about doing whats right and learning to attain enlightenment are good religions, they make people aspire to be better, unlike islam or christianity (at least how these 2 are interpreted by most)

also if memory serves i believe that christ was actually born in april or march, but it was changed to december to overshadow a pagan holy day Tongue
23 September 2012, 09:44,
It's funny how many people say that their religion/fairytale is fine, its just all the others that cause problems.

Respecting nature is a thing that a lot of people, me included, do. What you dont need to do is tie it all up with a load of bollocks about spirits and myths. In my experience of paganism (which is a fair bit in my younger days) pagans are just as close minded and judgemental as the christians or muslims that they moan about

Richard Dawkins has it about right Wink
You have the right to hold any beliefs you want. You do not have the right to have those beliefs automatically respected
23 September 2012, 09:59,
(23 September 2012, 09:44)IB1 Wrote: It's funny how many people say that their religion/fairytale is fine, its just all the others that cause problems.

Respecting nature is a thing that a lot of people, me included, do. What you dont need to do is tie it all up with a load of bollocks about spirits and myths. In my experience of paganism (which is a fair bit in my younger days) pagans are just as close minded and judgemental as the christians or muslims that they moan about

Richard Dawkins has it about right Wink
I dont think that paganism makes people close minded or judgemental, that's modern life creeping in to spoil things.
23 September 2012, 10:31,
Posted this once on here before but the way this thread has turned it seems relevant again Big Grin

The story of Jesus is a plagiarism of many ancient Saviour stories, mostly Horus (Egyptian 3000BC), Born on Dec 25th of a virgin, who became a teacher at 12 and had 12 disciples, performed miracles, was betrayed and crucified, was dead for 3 days and resurrected.
Mithra (Persian 1200BC) who was born of a virgin on Dec 25th, who had 12 disciples, performed miracles, was dead for 3 days until resurrection, and whose sacred day of worship was Sunday.
Dionysus (Greek 500BC) who was born of a virgin on Dec 25th, a travelling teacher who performed miracles (such as turning water into wine), and was resurrected after death. Attis (Greek 1200BC) who was born of a virgin on Dec 25th, was crucified and placed in a tomb for 3 days after which he was resurrected.
Krishna (Indian 900BC) who was born of a virgin and whose birth was signalled by a star in the east, who performed miracles and was resurrected after death.
23 September 2012, 10:36,
well, that christianity dealt with then!!Big GrinBig Grin