Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man made homes
24 September 2012, 06:23,
RE: Man made homes
to say he is designer, anyone else notice he has no windows or a toilet??
24 September 2012, 08:02,
Not a good idea putting windows in a wood cabin that is left unattended for long periods, Besides he HAS put windows in just very small skinny ones near the ridgeline, I think he even casts his own glass as well. I think on one of the forums it says he goes for a composting bog outside in an outhouse.

24 September 2012, 10:14,
Great show - I want that Mini they used to try and split the wood. MUST COME with the spike attachment for the wheels - be great fun in traffic jams Big Grin
24 September 2012, 11:13,
the programme was OK-just! but i dont know many people who would want to make fuel out of fat waste from the sewers! also he used the bent tree but only on the inside why didnt he make a feature of it on the outside?? he's got too many "hooray henry" mates..i bet their all monied "incomers"!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
24 September 2012, 11:31,
I like Kevin I think he is trying to get people to think outside the box and to experiment, I also think he is a closet prepper cos he's always dropping the odd snippet that makes me think he is prepping for a self sufficient off grid future. He used to focus all his attention on arty farty projects in shitholes like Londonistan, but I notice a distinct leaning towards more rural projects these days.

24 September 2012, 11:38,
His other programme is called grand designs and that is just what they are GRAND, designs for rich plebs with too much money...the only exception being Ben Law's place, i gave up watching ages ago, i hate watching people knock down perfectly good houses to build some 6 bedroomed 3 bathroomed monstrocity in its place!!Angry
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
1 October 2012, 11:02,
Another good episode last night. I did like the wood burner created from the old safe. I wouldn't have thought about putting the heat deflecting bricks inside the structure. That thermic lance looked like great fun. I have a few things I need to cut (if not I'll find something I need to cut up) so I'm very interested in trying that!!
1 October 2012, 12:34,
(1 October 2012, 11:02)BeardyMan Wrote: Another good episode last night. I did like the wood burner created from the old safe. I wouldn't have thought about putting the heat deflecting bricks inside the structure. That thermic lance looked like great fun. I have a few things I need to cut (if not I'll find something I need to cut up) so I'm very interested in trying that!!

well if you wanna get through thick concrete thermic lance is the way to do it Big Grin

also i dont agree BP grand designs has featured some of the most comfortable homely and practical off grid homes ive ever seen!
1 October 2012, 13:34,
(1 October 2012, 12:34)Hrusai Wrote:
(1 October 2012, 11:02)BeardyMan Wrote: Another good episode last night. I did like the wood burner created from the old safe. I wouldn't have thought about putting the heat deflecting bricks inside the structure. That thermic lance looked like great fun. I have a few things I need to cut (if not I'll find something I need to cut up) so I'm very interested in trying that!!

well if you wanna get through thick concrete thermic lance is the way to do it Big Grin

also i dont agree BP grand designs has featured some of the most comfortable homely and practical off grid homes ive ever seen!
yeah if you dont mind spending the kind of money i will never even see in an entire lifetime, like i say..hooray henries and henriettas with tooooo much money.
1 October 2012, 13:42,
(1 October 2012, 13:34)bigpaul Wrote:
(1 October 2012, 12:34)Hrusai Wrote:

yeah if you dont mind spending the kind of money i will never even see in an entire lifetime, like i say..hooray henries and henriettas with tooooo much money.

I agree - there have only been 2 properties that I can remember that were built for less than £100k. The one in the woods that BP mentioned earlier, and the straw bale home built in France (but they had to buy the land first, so I presume the total cost was >£100k)