Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
road closures due to floods , must be a record
25 September 2012, 15:56,
RE: road closures due to floods , must be a record
Morpeth is flooded again, the foot bridge going to the park has water up to it, all the roads around the town i live in are closed or quite heavy with water though luckily the town i live in is actually quite high above the sea level...... On the plus side, my daughter LOVED walking back from school jumping in the hugest puddle lol well shes only 3 Smile
25 September 2012, 16:16,
Morpeth should be renamed as Morpeth under the sea.

25 September 2012, 16:31,
Chester is generally ok, well the housing estate i live on is, plus the rain keeps the chavs off the street Smile
25 September 2012, 16:35,
(25 September 2012, 16:31)Cestrian Wrote: Chester is generally ok, well the housing estate i live on is, plus the rain keeps the chavs off the street Smile

OK down here, plenty of water in the fields and plenty of mud but i havent heard of any flooding...yet¬!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
25 September 2012, 17:54,
(25 September 2012, 10:10)00111001 Wrote: obviously the depth / speed of the water would need to be tested first.

well thats what kids are for xD
25 September 2012, 17:55,
Apparently the flood water pressure is that great on the A178 that the flood water is blowing the manhole covers up to 18 inches into the air

25 September 2012, 19:44,
good point nr need to back up the back up
25 September 2012, 19:47,
Last year I thought it would be really cool to bag and lime stone chip my back and front garden and drive.....Because there is black bagging under the stones, there is no where for the rain water to go, Garden flooding like mad, another few days and it will come into the house...best get me wellies on and move some stones....
25 September 2012, 21:12,
i hope the moterways are ok, got to drive from chester to dover and back tomorrow, then plymouth and back on friday...
26 September 2012, 08:32,
(25 September 2012, 21:12)Bjm Wrote: i hope the moterways are ok, got to drive from chester to dover and back tomorrow, then plymouth and back on friday...

there is a "new town" being built near Exeter called CRANBROOK i think the name says it all(Brook? maybe as in stream? dont know) they say the amount of concrete there is affecting the flooding!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.