Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Map of UK's strategic nuclear targets
27 September 2012, 12:51,
RE: Map of UK's strategic nuclear targets
Wow! Thanks for taking the time to produce such a detailed map Cryingfreeman. It kind of puts things into perspective with regards to where may be a good place to look for a BOL , I'm close to Wales so it looks like I'll be heading there.

Respect existence or expect resistance!
27 September 2012, 12:56,
Its creativity, effort and commitment from folks like CFM, light Speed, Paul, Nemesis, etc that make this forum so bloody good.

27 September 2012, 13:06,
Thanks for the comments and feedback everyone and NR, particular thanks for your list which shall be attended to!

If I get the time I might expand this into a UK centric document, since we're very much under-supplied with such materials in this country (compared to our cousins across the Atlantic).

After I posted it from my main Windows computer I tried looking at it on the wife's i-Pad and it rendered horribly so I'll be fixing that today to make the text more legible.

Also, I misspelt Machrihanish - pure typo, but I noticed it when it was already up. Grrrr....

One of the grand purposes of this was to try to determine where in the country one might think of relocating to should world events start pushing us into a global war. I wasn't expecting Wales to come up looking so rosy, or to find that much of our critical military manufacturing was located on one side of the country and the juicy targets on the other.

And a last word for now to any spooky characters looking in and sniggering because I've missed something special: the enemies of our country certainly know about it. And if WW3 is going kick off any time soon, the last thing you need to be worrying about now is a handful of switched-on citizens; you'd be better putting your efforts into getting your own loved ones prepped while you can.
27 September 2012, 13:06,
i used to live near the munitions factory in Ernesettle when i lived in Plymouth, twas always said if that place went up then bye bye Ernesettle!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
27 September 2012, 13:22,
Munitions depots seem scary at the best of times. Researching DM Glen Douglas (Scotland) was as astonishing experience. Europe's largest store of weaponry, dug into a mountain. I had no idea we had such facilities in the UK.

Kent and Sussex look like refugee zones for a hit on London...

Also, I'm feeling a bit paranoid about the seeming lack of radar cover coming from the west (Ireland) direction, so one may assume we have some kind of a discreet arrangement with Shannon (for example)? Any thoughts, NR?
27 September 2012, 13:29, (This post was last modified: 27 September 2012, 13:37 by NorthernRaider.)
IIRC the radar covering Eire were located in SW Scotland. up on Benbecula area and islands further north I believe there were Radar stations.

Ummm definately note sure but it MAY be the Chain Home system you need to google !!!!!!
Saxa Vord ??? dunno TBH something is important and looking west at Machrihanish ?? and St Mawgan. Honestly mate you need to sit and go through WAR PLAN UK by Duncan Cambell, I guarentee it will freak you out if your into secret bases, bunkers, radar, depots, etc.

27 September 2012, 13:44,
Nr the north east is buggered work wise, s.sheilds has a massive muslim population, most of the schools are 80% them and 20% brits. Dont go to jarrow often. Thers the shell fuel depo and bedes world and thats about it.
27 September 2012, 13:44, (This post was last modified: 27 September 2012, 13:49 by TOF.)

A few more, that may be worth investigation.

DARA Almondbank, Perth

DARA Fleetlands, Fareham

Flight Refuelling Wimborne

Army Air Corps, Middle Wallop.

Wallop Defence Systems, Middle Wallop.

DISC. RAF Chicksands.

Ooops, just noticed a couple are already on there.

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
27 September 2012, 14:23,
Thanks TOF, as you say, some already included.

Middle Wallop I have designated as a secondary target yet RNAS Culdrose as a primary, because the latter features helicopters that are used in antisubmarine warfare and thus pose a more direct early stage threat to the enemy's ability to wage war against us than the army helicopters.
27 September 2012, 19:14,
im starting to think i might need to go through some old papers and documents to get some extra stuff for this list, its bloody brilliant Big Grin

who knows, might be the start of the "uk preppers ultimate disaster map" xD