Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Map of UK's strategic nuclear targets
27 September 2012, 20:56,
RE: Map of UK's strategic nuclear targets
Don't forget there is 2 LNG plants as well as the refineries In the pembroke area plus castle martin and brawdy at Newgale used to be a listening post not sure now though

Bd
27 September 2012, 21:09,
Chuckle This is getting exactly like the Black Adder the third episode when he is trying to rewrite the dictionary

27 September 2012, 22:00,
Well in that case may I offer you my sincerest contrafibularities!

Seriously, I knew it would be a work in progress even after I put it up...
29 September 2012, 09:06,
Thanks for the effort put into this. It well reflects the horror of what it would be like should it happen. Preparing for radiation or at least understanding what to do looks critical in all UK locations.

Makes me glad of those Royal Navy Vanguard submarines.

As always I am drawn back to the pointless outcome of Nuclear total war.
29 September 2012, 15:15,
Not being funny but you'll need a bigger map.
What with all the new additions folk are adding, it just might be better to try and list the SAFE places.

29 September 2012, 16:42,
I always thought St kilda's would a good place to go if there was SHTF, seems its not.Confused
30 September 2012, 12:18,
CF, Depending on your skills and experience could you not do a layered PDF. You then can add anything to the map and the user can select the layers they want and see what there is. You can add anything useful and not just the nuclear targets.

If you have the time then PM me and we can set something up.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
30 September 2012, 12:43,
(30 September 2012, 12:18)Skean Dhude Wrote: CF, Depending on your skills and experience could you not do a layered PDF. You then can add anything to the map and the user can select the layers they want and see what there is. You can add anything useful and not just the nuclear targets.

If you have the time then PM me and we can set something up.

funnily enough thats somewhat similar to what i was thinking of, adding in things like air flow to show how the fallout would be blown around, and flood areas etc Smile
30 September 2012, 14:34,
CF,

Thanks for doing this- nice to know I live in one of the safe zones

Suppose I can put off building that nuclear bunker now, and paint the spare room like SWMBO wants.
Sodomi Non Sapiens.
30 September 2012, 14:56,
Chaps, thanks for yet more feedback. The should be an update later this week, time permitting.

SD, I can do all sorts of pdf trickery... Now I think I can say I plan to expand this, if time allows, into a proper ebook.