Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
preppers every day vehicle
3 October 2012, 21:56,
RE: preppers every day vehicle
i fancy a reliant robin with a crossbow mounted on the front.....and a oil dispencer at the rear and to top it off , a fip up scaffold board by the rear window all operated by 2"x1" batten levers at my finger tips ..... wifey said NO to ejector seat !!!!
3 October 2012, 23:52,
Every day drive - Defender 110 Utility Station Wagon

BOV - Land Rover Series 3 88 inch station wagon:
- Virtually zero electronics, so relatively robust against EMP
- lots of redundancy built in
- cheap aftermarket parts, meaning it's viable to carry practically a replacement vehicle with you!
- repairable components (e.g can get brushes for starter motor)
- dead easy to work on, few special tools required
- tatty and fairly low key
- goes anywhere
- has a power takeoff that will run a variety of agricultural tools.

We sheared a half shaft on the back axle the other week. Just locked the freewheeling hubs, stuck it in four-wheel drive and limped home via the drive to the front wheels.

The BIG downside to our vehicle is it's petrol. Good news is that there is loads of spare space in the engine compartment, so might consider putting a 300TDI in. More complex compared to the carburretored petrol engine, but much easier to store and source fuel.

Cost £1400. We call it Trevor.
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.
4 October 2012, 01:21,
(2 October 2012, 13:21)David075 Wrote: im not on facebook on that subject im i right in saying that any photos etc you put on facebook become the property of facebook?Big Grin

cia own face book m8-check it out on you tube. re everyday defender, pajero, old range rover, big ass pojero with the expadition roof rack ladder down the back. would do me if i had the readys
he never planned to fail, he just failed to plan. like lambs to the slaughter the wolfs look down from the hill tops. we are those wolfs!!!
4 October 2012, 10:52,
i cant see me using something like the defender as an every day but if things get worse in this country i may end up geting one.
4 October 2012, 11:10,
(4 October 2012, 10:52)David075 Wrote: i cant see me using something like the defender as an every day but if things get worse in this country i may end up geting one.

I had a defender 90. Jacked up with 4" suspension lift and 2" body lift. 35" tyres on it, brilliant articulation. The previous owner had won off-road competitions in it. It had the turning circle of a boat, but when you can drive over walls it wasn't really a problem Wink

I do miss it, but when it was raining you used to get wet in the cab, it really struggled to stop in any sort of distance that anyone would consider safe, the wife couldn't get in it properly so we needed a step for entrance and she had to jump out.

Would I have another one? In a heartbeat. Big Grin
4 October 2012, 11:19, (This post was last modified: 4 October 2012, 11:20 by Tigs.)
i have a coupler of ex army defender 110 xd landies i cant fault them !!
the ed wolf 90 is fantastic too
4 October 2012, 12:30,
(4 October 2012, 11:19)Tigs Wrote: i have a coupler of ex army defender 110 xd landies i cant fault them !!
the ed wolf 90 is fantastic too

Got any for sale? Wink
4 October 2012, 13:03,
nope but there are a few sites about just Google ex army defenders for sale uk