Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
armed forces on the streets
3 October 2012, 19:30,
RE: armed forces on the streets
(A) minimum of 240,000 troops needed to secure the entire UK in a declaration of martial law, we only have 89,000 that not even enough to secure the south east.

(B) http://www.flickr.com/photos/43478117@N00/8051184027/

3 October 2012, 19:45,
Traffic wardens ....those wankers would probs get their little digital camera out to prove they shot you !!!! Where I live people hate taxing their cars ......me being one of them !!! So they wudnt last long before those hats were "trophys"
3 October 2012, 20:54,
well thank you all for the inputs, from the scenario i had in my head to the opinions of others it has made a very realistic vision of how thing could unfold. preppers, never forget the importance of discutions. for it has opened my minds eye.
he never planned to fail, he just failed to plan. like lambs to the slaughter the wolfs look down from the hill tops. we are those wolfs!!!
3 October 2012, 21:00,
hi,
Due to the lack of military, is it more likely that they would hold fast at
important sites and patrol surrounding areas using drones, then use hit and run type tactics?
3 October 2012, 21:05, (This post was last modified: 3 October 2012, 21:11 by The Local Ned.)
A point most of you should note.

When a member of the armed forces joins up = he/she swears an oath of allegiance to ' the Queen , her heirs and successors '....NOT to the current government.

Here's MY scenario.

Social disorder rises to levels that the civil authorities cannot cope with.

There are mounting fatalities to the arms of those who enforce law and order.

The government call upon the Army to restore order on the streets using anti-insurgency methods.
The Monarchy - calls into question the use of armed soldiers 'pacifying' civilians and asks the government to restrain itself.
The government ignores the monarchy and tries to enforce even stronger measures.

The Armed forces , under instruction by the monarchy , then step back , and place the members of the government and the governing party - under house arrest.

The population are asked by the monarchy to self-police until the authorities can restore control on the streets.

General anarchy ensues.

The Armed forces then seize key areas , making them 'safe havens' for the population who wish to remain under law and order.
The no-go zones are then forcebly cleared by the Army using strict rules of engagement - fire when fired upon or attacked.
============================================

At this precise moment - the United Kingdom does not have the capacity to operate in such a method as the previous poster has outlined....too few troops and an ineffective police force will mean that house searches / detainment / Orwellian type scenario won't happen.
I believe that in general - the armed forces wont replace the police , but will supplement them in certain areas , those areas that will be locked down under army control might just be the best place to be other than in your own BOL.

Just my tuppence worth.
Armoured vehicles with turrets are either IFVs ( warrior ) or MBTs ( challenger 2 ) , the cost of replacing track pads for these assets prohibit their use for regular patrols on city streets , which will be a nightmare within days of them using the roads.

Wheeled vehicles may see use , such as those currently being used in Afghan , but I honestly believe our armed forces may be swayed by what the monarchy requests rather than what the government orders , especially regarding operations within mainland UK against our own citizens.
Trying very hard not to be paranoid.....and it aint getting easier.
3 October 2012, 21:57,
brilliant post's bgm and ned, but as i was reading i realised something.....allies. f-legion, u-n, nato, even israel i mean were in there pockets like weesly polititians......oh waitlol.
he never planned to fail, he just failed to plan. like lambs to the slaughter the wolfs look down from the hill tops. we are those wolfs!!!
7 November 2012, 17:06,
(3 October 2012, 04:15)Wildman Wrote: Ok, i'll keep this short. to gain a last attempt to control the country the gov put armed soldiers on the streets. with sa80's they are told to shoot any one not obeying the martial law. 9pm curfew and 10pm in the summer. snipers on the roofs and intelligents agent and gov spy's are every were. armoured vehicles with turrets patrol the towns and estates and being shot at with a bean bag riot shoti is becoming the norm. houses are searched on a regular basis like prisons and secret police posing as soldiers take who they feel like away for questioning under terrorist laws. sometimes there bought back bruised and weak other times there not bought back at all and a cover up story of what ever led to their death or apparent escape is presented conveniently in another pack of blatant lies. terror attacks get worse and no one knows who's who. there's no money only what the army give out as tokens witch you collect from a food centre. other than head for the hills(witch is breaking the curfew) what else can one do? now i dont expect this to happen just yet but with the way things are going, how long did it take n.Ireland to be locked down?

Based on what I see TPTB training for in the US, this is a possibility. NI was never locked down. That's why we needed the largest infantry regiment in military history. I would expect that if it gets that bad, eventually most police would gradually cease to report for duty and look after their own. Very long term, the same could start to happen with the forces - after all, they would have families too.
"You don't win a war by dying for your country, you win by making the other guy die for his".
"I don't want to save the world - that's too much for one man. I just want to save 3 of them".
7 November 2012, 19:35,
They haven't got enough troops anymore they've sacked em all...
And the stingy bastards never have enough ammo so the scenario would probably be soldiers shouting "bang" a lot at you....
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
7 November 2012, 19:41,
(7 November 2012, 19:35)Prepper1 Wrote: They haven't got enough troops anymore they've sacked em all...
And the stingy bastards never have enough ammo so the scenario would probably be soldiers shouting "bang" a lot at you....

If they're close enough, that can really hurt your ears!!! haha
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin