Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feeling trapped
8 October 2012, 15:00,
RE: Feeling trapped
I have said before, i dont think many people will have a clue where to head out to, most people will wait for the "government to provide" and die waiting!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 October 2012, 18:15, (This post was last modified: 8 October 2012, 18:17 by HunterNurturer.)
RE: Feeling trapped
(7 October 2012, 23:27)Tibbs735 Wrote: Is anyone else feeling very boxed in in the UK? I recently found myself browsing properties in Ukraine, dreaming about escaping. I'm trying to form a prepping group at college, through the use of anonymous posters, in the hope of getting somewhere.
I live with a family who roll their eyes at the mention of any kind of serious preparation. They won't even keep the petrol tank full.
Does anyone think there is any hope that the UK will ever become a more friendly environment to prepping? We are already fairly stable at rock bottom, so at least we can't sink much lower.
I feel like I'm locked on a bus on a rail crossing, and I'm the only one that can hear the train approaching around the corner
Rant over.

Try not to scare your family too much initially lol. My family are surprisingly supportive and even getting interested themselves, but it's because I've built it up gradually.
A few bags of pasta at a time "in case we see strikes and people panic buy". A little extra fuel "in case it's a bad winter". Fire extinguishers/smoke alarms/CO monitors etc. just as common sense type preps. The fire extinguishers were a turning point for me - my family couldn't help but agree that it was just sensible to have them and downright negligent NOT to have them. I dropped the odd "what would we do if..." type scenario to them and made it clear how easy the system can break down and we end up with no food in the strores. Next thing you know my old dear was asking me about bug out bags Big Grin
(I never mentioned BOBs or any real survivalist/prepper stuff, apparently she's been doing some digging around herself on her "frugalist" websites and found a lot of them are into prepping)