Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Privacy?
8 October 2012, 14:21,
RE: Privacy?
(8 October 2012, 13:59)bigpaul Wrote:
(8 October 2012, 13:51)Lightspeed Wrote:
(8 October 2012, 13:40)bigpaul Wrote:
(8 October 2012, 13:37)BrixhamBadger Wrote: I was talking about the town center bro Wink not the whole village. Smile

whatever.i dont see any CCTV until i go to Barnstaple and thats a 50 mile round trip about once or twice a year!Big Grin

I love your part of Devon BP.... You are a lucky couple to be part of that community.

we both knew this area well, OH comes from a town just 13 miles up the road and my family comes from and is well known in Barnstaple. this town where we now live was RIGHT IN THE CENTRE of the 2001 foot and mouth outbreak and it should have died but the locals are more resillient than that and the place came back stronger than before. i was brought up with Dartmoor on my doorstep and although a city boy i have farming in my genes, so the great outdoors is in my blood.and as BB said we never had computers and personal phones in our youth so we had to go outdoors and EXPLORE!!Big Grin

A friend of mine "retired" to a beautiful hidden valley just to the north of Barnstaple.... maybe 30 minuts from the city centre but absolutely no passing traffic , nor wanderers as its a dead end lane and no footpaths anywhere near.

When god made heaven, he was imagining North Devon, I reckon

:-)

72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

8 October 2012, 14:27, (This post was last modified: 8 October 2012, 14:33 by bigpaul.)
[quote='Lightspeed' pid='27785' dateline='1349702517']
[quote='bigpaul' pid='27782' dateline='1349701177']
[quote='Lightspeed' pid='27780' dateline='1349700716']
[quote='bigpaul' pid='27779' dateline='1349700024']
[quote='BrixhamBadger' pid='27778' dateline='1349699846']
I was talking about the town center bro Wink not the whole village. Smile
[/quote]

whatever.i dont see any CCTV until i go to Barnstaple and thats a 50 mile round trip about once or twice a year!Big Grin
[/quote]

I love your part of Devon BP.... You are a lucky couple to be part of that community.
[/quote]

we both knew this area well, OH comes from a town just 13 miles up the road and my family comes from and is well known in Barnstaple. this town where we now live was RIGHT IN THE CENTRE of the 2001 foot and mouth outbreak and it should have died but the locals are more resillient than that and the place came back stronger than before. i was brought up with Dartmoor on my doorstep and although a city boy i have farming in my genes, so the great outdoors is in my blood.and as BB said we never had computers and personal phones in our youth so we had to go outdoors and EXPLORE!!Big Grin
[/quote]

A friend of mine "retired" to a beautiful hidden valley just to the north of Barnstaple.... maybe 30 minuts from the city centre but absolutely no passing traffic , nor wanderers as its a dead end lane and no footpaths anywhere near.

[/quote) officially Barnstaple is a TOWN not a city but nevermind, 30 minutes is quite a way could be anywhere from Ilfracombe to Minehead. Devon IS heaven but we're keeping it for Devonian's ONLY!Tongue

[quote='Lightspeed' pid='27785' dateline='1349702517']

[/quote) officially Barnstaple is a TOWN not a city but nevermind, 30 minutes is quite a way could be anywhere from Ilfracombe to Minehead. Devon IS heaven but we're keeping it for Devonian's ONLY!Tongue

Sorry, damn thing wouldnt work properly!! what i was trying to say was: officially Barnstaple is a TOWN not a city but never mind, 30 minutes away covers a big area, could be anywhere from Ilfracombe to Porlock. i KNOW Devon IS heaven but its reserved for DEVONIAN's only!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 October 2012, 16:03,
(8 October 2012, 14:27)bigpaul Wrote: [quote='Lightspeed' pid='27785' dateline='1349702517']
[quote='bigpaul' pid='27779' dateline='1349700024']
[quote='BrixhamBadger' pid='27778' dateline='1349699846']
I was talking about the town center bro Wink not the whole village. Smile

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

(8 October 2012, 14:21)Lightspeed Wrote: [quote='bigpaul' pid='27782' dateline='1349701177']

Sorry, damn thing wouldnt work properly!! what i was trying to say was: officially Barnstaple is a TOWN not a city but never mind, 30 minutes away covers a big area, could be anywhere from Ilfracombe to Porlock. i KNOW Devon IS heaven but its reserved for DEVONIAN's only!!Big Grin

72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

8 October 2012, 19:07,
and we are sold the idea cause its good for us..... and nothing to do with control of the masses.
8 October 2012, 20:26,
Stop quoting quotes and stop writing insiode other peoples quotes and your post wiont vanish

(8 October 2012, 14:27)bigpaul Wrote: Sorry, damn thing wouldnt work properly!! what i was trying to say was: officially Barnstaple is a TOWN not a city but never mind, 30 minutes away covers a big area, could be anywhere from Ilfracombe to Porlock. i KNOW Devon IS heaven but its reserved for DEVONIAN's only!!Big Grin

8 October 2012, 20:30,
(8 October 2012, 14:21)Lightspeed Wrote: When god made heaven, he was imagining North Devon, I reckon

RolleyesWhich god would that be then...??? Wink TongueBig Grin

Dodgy If you always have, on your person, at least 2 ways to make fire, you might be a prepper. Tongue
8 October 2012, 21:22,
(8 October 2012, 13:14)NorthernRaider Wrote: So in reply
BB Move out of town to the villages where the councils wont put cameras
Paul Start meeting people are RVs and they cannot monitor us ?
Smile
Guys FYI For National Security or Fighting Crime or Preventing Terrorism you need to realise the security of the nation they are trying to protect is to keep the ruling rich elite and the Royals living in luxury, The crime they are fighting is the desperate ordinary people trying to protect themselves from repressive government and fighting terrorism means its the ordinary man in the street who is now deemed likely to be a terrorist.

what????

8 October 2012, 21:56, (This post was last modified: 8 October 2012, 21:59 by NorthernRaider.)
(8 October 2012, 21:22)Paul Wrote: what????

Which bit didnt you get my friend?
I meant meet people at Rendezvous and Gatherings where they cannot easily eavesdrop. and the other bit National Security, Fighting Crime or preventing terrorism refers to the fact the state and the rich and powerful see the British people as the security threat, criminals/ terrorists who pose a threat to their pampered positions.

8 October 2012, 22:21,
Security in this big brother world is a major concern. There are a few tips to minimise your footprint online etc, whe it comes to mobile phones there are a few less options.
1- buy an old phone for cash, the type of phone that only sends text and calls, nothing else on it- no GPS finder etc to track you, this might be hard because the sort of phone i'm talking about will be ten years old or older

2-Never use Google etc, use something like the TOR (the onion router) it allows you to use the net anonymously by hiding your IP address with a encrypted generated one which you can change as and when you like. If you want to try a company that does not keep info cookies etc to surf the web use DUCKDUCKGO

3- for real security download and use PGP or gnu, that way if you want to talk to other like minded people you will be safe as it is heavily encrypted (military strength encryption)

I recommend TOR, simply do a search for TOR on the web