Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tins vs Bowie
12 October 2012, 09:31,
RE: Tins vs Bowie
I store food to get through short term emergencies, and to help blur the transition between now and self sufficiency. I really don't want to be farming or going out to look for food for at least a year after SHTF, thats asking for trouble.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
12 October 2012, 19:37,
I've read all you post's and agree with all of them totally. It's been a worry of mine that wear not in Canada nd should shtf once store preps have run out then going out hunting will definatly be illegal(not that there's any game worth hunting). People with s. sufitiant compounds will b ok as long as there not taken over. I also agree that tactical planting as was mentioned, is a vital must.
he never planned to fail, he just failed to plan. like lambs to the slaughter the wolfs look down from the hill tops. we are those wolfs!!!
12 October 2012, 21:39,
One small point in our favour is that one of the effects of the hysteria driven anti gun laws is that some critters have absolutely flourished since 1996, flocks of wood pigeon, rabbits, hare, pheasants, wild deer especially bloody muntjuics, wild pigs etc are everywhere.
For example some of the fear driven politically correct saddos who run a local preserved steam railway up here banned anyone from hunting on their land or track beds, so now years later the rabbits tunneling habits have been so prolific they are in places underming the tracks and destabilising the embankments.

Also some tosser rich land owners stopped locals from hunting rabbits on their land cos they thought they were stealing pheasants, and again on some stretches of rural road up here if you drive at night you are squashing rabbits every hundred yards during the summer.

13 October 2012, 00:50,
(12 October 2012, 19:37)Wildman Wrote: I've read all you post's and agree with all of them totally. It's been a worry of mine that wear not in Canada nd should shtf once store preps have run out then going out hunting will definatly be illegal(not that there's any game worth hunting). People with s. sufitiant compounds will b ok as long as there not taken over. I also agree that tactical planting as was mentioned, is a vital must.

why Canada/ Its my desination of choice... but most people dont look this way... just curious
13 October 2012, 12:36,
Canada's wild, there's enough game and fish to survive. I don't think thete's enough here. Norway and sweden are good to
he never planned to fail, he just failed to plan. like lambs to the slaughter the wolfs look down from the hill tops. we are those wolfs!!!
13 October 2012, 13:28,
(13 October 2012, 12:36)Wildman Wrote: Canada's wild, there's enough game and fish to survive. I don't think thete's enough here. Norway and sweden are good to

I'm with you 100% Canada is where we also want to be... for many reasons including the above.
13 October 2012, 15:48,
In fact Norway or Sweden, can't remember wich one but one of them will have no problem with you living off the land!