Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HOW TOUGH ARE YOU
22 October 2012, 21:16,
RE: HOW TOUGH ARE YOU
so here are my thoughts , Ive spent my whole life learning to look after myself , ive spent ££££££££££££££££ and lots of time neither of which I can ever gain back , ,Ive read the papers and watched the news ,but so has everyone else, ANYONE thinking that the current life style will continue, is a fool , and what have they done about it???? , just learning to light a fire and purify water would be invaluble, , so If I let 1 person in,what when the 2nd one knocks? then the 3 rd etc etc . I haven given strict instructions to my immediate family ,my mrs ,son and mrs , brother and sister in law , my brother and his mrs to be at my house in half an hour of the shtf with an hour cut off , then its bug out time , we have 3 4x4 's between us to carry us as far as we could get then on foot to our destination , I would take a child or even 2 but thats it .the adults would have to sort themselves out, Im not tough just practical .

regards

nenook
when being chased by a hungry lion , you don't have to be the fastest runner, you just have to run faster than the bloke next to you !Smile
22 October 2012, 21:44,
Nenook, At least you have thought about it.Most have not or if they have they kid themselves about what they would do. It isn't easy and you are right you will need to be tough.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
22 October 2012, 21:57, (This post was last modified: 22 October 2012, 22:01 by NorthernRaider.)
I'm still optimistic that I can deveop a closer working relationship with other prepper families in the Tyne , Wear and Tees area so that if TSHTF we will have built up a close enough trusting relationship that we will be able to include each others families at least in part into our preps.
I must admit though that either I must not be very lucky as we have not yet managed to find any families to cooperate with in a meaningful and regular basis, and apart from a few MSA's I've not made any solid progress on inter family cooperation in 30 years !!!!

22 October 2012, 23:22,
The danger of handing out food to beggars (which is what they would be) is that they will know you have stocks and next time may not ask. Or they could ask, standing at the door with a hungry kid beside them, and then blow your brains out as you turn to fetch some food for them.

Charity is undoubtedly the right attitude, but in a grid down it can only be administered at arm's length and from a position of supreme strength. Better still, it should never be administered from your own home / cache / retreat locale.
23 October 2012, 21:30,
i agree cfm, the only way would be as you describe it
29 October 2012, 14:57,
(12 October 2012, 01:15)Straight Shooter Wrote: us hippy,s wanted to change the world , and we almost did for a while PEACE AND LOVE is the only way out as i see it WE GOT TO GET BACK TO THE GARDEN and live for one another and refuse to worship money and material shit ....after a living a lot ..... this sums up my life

Hey man this sad freak was me in 1981, i was into the Alternative Community scene but nothing panned out, i'm kewl..
[Image: POSfreak-1981.jpg]

29 October 2012, 16:38,
hey nav, where,s the joint man.......welcome
29 October 2012, 17:03, (This post was last modified: 29 October 2012, 17:07 by Navigator.)
Hey man I visited Tipi Valley in Wales in 1982, but because I must have been the only hippy in the world who didn't do drugs, I didn't fit in and went home.
They were still there 25 years or so later, that's pretty good going..Smile

[Image: tipi-val.gif]

http://youtu.be/ww7MXAgu0D0
TIPI VILLAGE VID- http://youtu.be/ww7MXAgu0D0

http://www.diggersanddreamers.org.uk/ind...l=tipivill
29 October 2012, 17:38,
its alright if you like being with other people, me i like peace and quiet, not have some fooker yapping in the back garden or coughing his guts up over a ciggy, when i'm trying to get to sleep.Tongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 October 2012, 21:54,
me to these days bp...... sad but very true.