Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winter car prep scenario
6 November 2012, 22:39,
RE: Winter car prep scenario
(6 November 2012, 22:31)Skean Dhude Wrote: . People overestimate their ability to do many things.

Thats an understatement, I got hyperthermia on Browndown moor near bloody Southampton one January back around 79 and I was the effing instructor !!!

6 November 2012, 22:41,
You also may find shock setting in which will inhibit you ability further.
7 November 2012, 00:13,
(6 November 2012, 22:41)Hexyprep Wrote: You also may find shock setting in which will inhibit you ability further.

That's a very good point, and could well be the deciding factor on whether I stayed or went for it.

I've had some harsh crashes in my car (fun of being a boy racer) and the same with snowboarding. Broke a board once (thus the long walk along the Alps. The board hit hefty rock, snapped the binding clear through the board, and nearly bust my leg open too. If I was smaller, I have no doubt I'd be in a wheelchair now. Definitely would have been a wheelchair back then!!!) and that kind of put me into shock. I remember looking at my board, thinking "This can't be real!?!?!?" I was so shocked. But didn't have the normal symptoms.

Skateboarding put me into shock a few times though.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
7 November 2012, 09:20,
(7 November 2012, 00:13)Scythe13 Wrote:
(6 November 2012, 22:41)Hexyprep Wrote: You also may find shock setting in which will inhibit you ability further.

That's a very good point, and could well be the deciding factor on whether I stayed or went for it.

I've had some harsh crashes in my car (fun of being a boy racer) and the same with snowboarding. Broke a board once (thus the long walk along the Alps. The board hit hefty rock, snapped the binding clear through the board, and nearly bust my leg open too. If I was smaller, I have no doubt I'd be in a wheelchair now. Definitely would have been a wheelchair back then!!!) and that kind of put me into shock. I remember looking at my board, thinking "This can't be real!?!?!?" I was so shocked. But didn't have the normal symptoms.

Skateboarding put me into shock a few times though.

The problem with shock and all these things is you don't know you have it. You then make decisions such as I'll walk that mile and being in shock you don't make it.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin